Oct 28, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
More injury news for the Detroit Red Wings — this time it involves forward Johan Franzen, who will miss at least Wednesday’s game in Vancouver with an undisclosed ailment, according to general manager Ken Holland.
In response, the team has recalled 24-year-old Luke Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids.
After Vancouver, the Wings are in Calgary Friday, Edmonton Saturday and Winnipeg Monday. The club is hopeful Franzen, 33, can play versus the Flames.
Detroit failed to win for the fourth straight time Saturday, losing 3-2 in overtime to the Rangers. Following the game, star center Pavel Datsyuk offered the following message to fans via Twitter:
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 16
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)