Oct 28, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
More injury news for the Detroit Red Wings — this time it involves forward Johan Franzen, who will miss at least Wednesday’s game in Vancouver with an undisclosed ailment, according to general manager Ken Holland.
In response, the team has recalled 24-year-old Luke Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids.
After Vancouver, the Wings are in Calgary Friday, Edmonton Saturday and Winnipeg Monday. The club is hopeful Franzen, 33, can play versus the Flames.
Detroit failed to win for the fourth straight time Saturday, losing 3-2 in overtime to the Rangers. Following the game, star center Pavel Datsyuk offered the following message to fans via Twitter:
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 9
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)