Oct 28, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
More injury news for the Detroit Red Wings — this time it involves forward Johan Franzen, who will miss at least Wednesday’s game in Vancouver with an undisclosed ailment, according to general manager Ken Holland.
In response, the team has recalled 24-year-old Luke Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids.
After Vancouver, the Wings are in Calgary Friday, Edmonton Saturday and Winnipeg Monday. The club is hopeful Franzen, 33, can play versus the Flames.
Detroit failed to win for the fourth straight time Saturday, losing 3-2 in overtime to the Rangers. Following the game, star center Pavel Datsyuk offered the following message to fans via Twitter:
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 22
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 31
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 34
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ (40)