Oct 28, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
More injury news for the Detroit Red Wings — this time it involves forward Johan Franzen, who will miss at least Wednesday’s game in Vancouver with an undisclosed ailment, according to general manager Ken Holland.
In response, the team has recalled 24-year-old Luke Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids.
After Vancouver, the Wings are in Calgary Friday, Edmonton Saturday and Winnipeg Monday. The club is hopeful Franzen, 33, can play versus the Flames.
Detroit failed to win for the fourth straight time Saturday, losing 3-2 in overtime to the Rangers. Following the game, star center Pavel Datsyuk offered the following message to fans via Twitter:
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 35
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)