Oct 28, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
More injury news for the Detroit Red Wings — this time it involves forward Johan Franzen, who will miss at least Wednesday’s game in Vancouver with an undisclosed ailment, according to general manager Ken Holland.
In response, the team has recalled 24-year-old Luke Glendening from AHL Grand Rapids.
After Vancouver, the Wings are in Calgary Friday, Edmonton Saturday and Winnipeg Monday. The club is hopeful Franzen, 33, can play versus the Flames.
Detroit failed to win for the fourth straight time Saturday, losing 3-2 in overtime to the Rangers. Following the game, star center Pavel Datsyuk offered the following message to fans via Twitter:
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)