Boyle thinks Lapierre hit showed lack of respect, but he might have done the same to certain players
Oct 26, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
“I’ll leave it at that for now,” Boyle, who has missed four straight games, said earlier this week.
Fast forward to today and Boyle has decided that it’s time to share his thoughts about Lapierre with the public.
“I don’t think he thought he was going to put me in the hospital with the hit, so I agree with him that wasn’t his intention,” Boyle told the San Jose Mercury News. “At the same time, we’re told since we were five years old not to hit a guy when you see numbers and it’s pretty clear he saw my numbers and he decided to hit anyway.
“That’s just lack of respect is what I think.”
Interestingly enough, Boyle might have done the same thing, depending on who his opponent was. He admitted that there were a “probably a handful” of players that he would have hit if the roles were reversed.
Lapierre was suspended for five games for his actions. Meanwhile, Boyle might return Sunday, according to CSN Bay Area.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)