Boyle thinks Lapierre hit showed lack of respect, but he might have done the same to certain players
Oct 26, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
“I’ll leave it at that for now,” Boyle, who has missed four straight games, said earlier this week.
Fast forward to today and Boyle has decided that it’s time to share his thoughts about Lapierre with the public.
“I don’t think he thought he was going to put me in the hospital with the hit, so I agree with him that wasn’t his intention,” Boyle told the San Jose Mercury News. “At the same time, we’re told since we were five years old not to hit a guy when you see numbers and it’s pretty clear he saw my numbers and he decided to hit anyway.
“That’s just lack of respect is what I think.”
Interestingly enough, Boyle might have done the same thing, depending on who his opponent was. He admitted that there were a “probably a handful” of players that he would have hit if the roles were reversed.
Lapierre was suspended for five games for his actions. Meanwhile, Boyle might return Sunday, according to CSN Bay Area.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)