Boyle thinks Lapierre hit showed lack of respect, but he might have done the same to certain players
Oct 26, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
“I’ll leave it at that for now,” Boyle, who has missed four straight games, said earlier this week.
Fast forward to today and Boyle has decided that it’s time to share his thoughts about Lapierre with the public.
“I don’t think he thought he was going to put me in the hospital with the hit, so I agree with him that wasn’t his intention,” Boyle told the San Jose Mercury News. “At the same time, we’re told since we were five years old not to hit a guy when you see numbers and it’s pretty clear he saw my numbers and he decided to hit anyway.
“That’s just lack of respect is what I think.”
Interestingly enough, Boyle might have done the same thing, depending on who his opponent was. He admitted that there were a “probably a handful” of players that he would have hit if the roles were reversed.
Lapierre was suspended for five games for his actions. Meanwhile, Boyle might return Sunday, according to CSN Bay Area.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)