Boyle thinks Lapierre hit showed lack of respect, but he might have done the same to certain players
Oct 26, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
“I’ll leave it at that for now,” Boyle, who has missed four straight games, said earlier this week.
Fast forward to today and Boyle has decided that it’s time to share his thoughts about Lapierre with the public.
“I don’t think he thought he was going to put me in the hospital with the hit, so I agree with him that wasn’t his intention,” Boyle told the San Jose Mercury News. “At the same time, we’re told since we were five years old not to hit a guy when you see numbers and it’s pretty clear he saw my numbers and he decided to hit anyway.
“That’s just lack of respect is what I think.”
Interestingly enough, Boyle might have done the same thing, depending on who his opponent was. He admitted that there were a “probably a handful” of players that he would have hit if the roles were reversed.
Lapierre was suspended for five games for his actions. Meanwhile, Boyle might return Sunday, according to CSN Bay Area.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 0
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)