Boyle thinks Lapierre hit showed lack of respect, but he might have done the same to certain players
Oct 26, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
“I’ll leave it at that for now,” Boyle, who has missed four straight games, said earlier this week.
Fast forward to today and Boyle has decided that it’s time to share his thoughts about Lapierre with the public.
“I don’t think he thought he was going to put me in the hospital with the hit, so I agree with him that wasn’t his intention,” Boyle told the San Jose Mercury News. “At the same time, we’re told since we were five years old not to hit a guy when you see numbers and it’s pretty clear he saw my numbers and he decided to hit anyway.
“That’s just lack of respect is what I think.”
Interestingly enough, Boyle might have done the same thing, depending on who his opponent was. He admitted that there were a “probably a handful” of players that he would have hit if the roles were reversed.
Lapierre was suspended for five games for his actions. Meanwhile, Boyle might return Sunday, according to CSN Bay Area.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (91)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)