Oct 23, 2013, 12:22 PM EST
The Dallas Stars have put Aaron Rome on waivers.
Rome, 30, hasn’t played at all this year due to a hip injury. He did conduct a brief rehab assignment with AHL Texas prior to his recall on Monday, recording three shots on goal and six penalty minutes in three games.
Rome appeared in 27 games for Dallas last year, recording five assists while averaging 15:20 TOI per game. It was thought he’d provide stability and experience on a blueline that’s been scorched recently — Dallas has surrendered 22 goals in its last five games, including 11 over its past two — but now it’s possible he won’t make it back to the team.
As for why the Stars put Rome on waivers, here’s Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News:
A. Rome waivers could be just for options. If he clears, he has 10-game, 30-day window where he can be assigned. Gives extra forward option.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) October 23, 2013
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)