Oct 23, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have put Aaron Rome on waivers.
Rome, 30, hasn’t played at all this year due to a hip injury. He did conduct a brief rehab assignment with AHL Texas prior to his recall on Monday, recording three shots on goal and six penalty minutes in three games.
Rome appeared in 27 games for Dallas last year, recording five assists while averaging 15:20 TOI per game. It was thought he’d provide stability and experience on a blueline that’s been scorched recently — Dallas has surrendered 22 goals in its last five games, including 11 over its past two — but now it’s possible he won’t make it back to the team.
As for why the Stars put Rome on waivers, here’s Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News:
A. Rome waivers could be just for options. If he clears, he has 10-game, 30-day window where he can be assigned. Gives extra forward option.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) October 23, 2013
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 3
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54