Oct 23, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have put Aaron Rome on waivers.
Rome, 30, hasn’t played at all this year due to a hip injury. He did conduct a brief rehab assignment with AHL Texas prior to his recall on Monday, recording three shots on goal and six penalty minutes in three games.
Rome appeared in 27 games for Dallas last year, recording five assists while averaging 15:20 TOI per game. It was thought he’d provide stability and experience on a blueline that’s been scorched recently — Dallas has surrendered 22 goals in its last five games, including 11 over its past two — but now it’s possible he won’t make it back to the team.
As for why the Stars put Rome on waivers, here’s Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News:
A. Rome waivers could be just for options. If he clears, he has 10-game, 30-day window where he can be assigned. Gives extra forward option.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) October 23, 2013
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 37
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 31
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 26
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)