Oct 23, 2013, 12:22 PM EST
The Dallas Stars have put Aaron Rome on waivers.
Rome, 30, hasn’t played at all this year due to a hip injury. He did conduct a brief rehab assignment with AHL Texas prior to his recall on Monday, recording three shots on goal and six penalty minutes in three games.
Rome appeared in 27 games for Dallas last year, recording five assists while averaging 15:20 TOI per game. It was thought he’d provide stability and experience on a blueline that’s been scorched recently — Dallas has surrendered 22 goals in its last five games, including 11 over its past two — but now it’s possible he won’t make it back to the team.
As for why the Stars put Rome on waivers, here’s Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News:
A. Rome waivers could be just for options. If he clears, he has 10-game, 30-day window where he can be assigned. Gives extra forward option.
— Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) October 23, 2013
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 33
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 20
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (154)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)