Oct 23, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres pugilist John Scott could be facing further discipline from the National Hockey League, after he was given a major penalty for a hit to the head of Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson on Wednesday.
The incident occurred early in the third period. As Eriksson went to dump the puck in the Buffalo zone, Scott caught the Bruins forward with a hit up high, and was assessed a major penalty for charging.
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid stepped in to fight Scott, and was handed an instigator penalty for his efforts.
Scott has already been involved in an ugly incident this season. He tried to grab the much smaller Leafs forward Phil Kessel and fight him during a pre-season game. That immediately led to a line brawl and Kessel delivering a pair of two-handed slashes to Scott.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 0
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)