Oct 23, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres pugilist John Scott could be facing further discipline from the National Hockey League, after he was given a major penalty for a hit to the head of Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson on Wednesday.
The incident occurred early in the third period. As Eriksson went to dump the puck in the Buffalo zone, Scott caught the Bruins forward with a hit up high, and was assessed a major penalty for charging.
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid stepped in to fight Scott, and was handed an instigator penalty for his efforts.
Scott has already been involved in an ugly incident this season. He tried to grab the much smaller Leafs forward Phil Kessel and fight him during a pre-season game. That immediately led to a line brawl and Kessel delivering a pair of two-handed slashes to Scott.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5