Oct 23, 2013, 10:32 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres pugilist John Scott could be facing further discipline from the National Hockey League, after he was given a major penalty for a hit to the head of Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson on Wednesday.
The incident occurred early in the third period. As Eriksson went to dump the puck in the Buffalo zone, Scott caught the Bruins forward with a hit up high, and was assessed a major penalty for charging.
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid stepped in to fight Scott, and was handed an instigator penalty for his efforts.
Scott has already been involved in an ugly incident this season. He tried to grab the much smaller Leafs forward Phil Kessel and fight him during a pre-season game. That immediately led to a line brawl and Kessel delivering a pair of two-handed slashes to Scott.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)