Oct 23, 2013, 10:32 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres pugilist John Scott could be facing further discipline from the National Hockey League, after he was given a major penalty for a hit to the head of Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson on Wednesday.
The incident occurred early in the third period. As Eriksson went to dump the puck in the Buffalo zone, Scott caught the Bruins forward with a hit up high, and was assessed a major penalty for charging.
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid stepped in to fight Scott, and was handed an instigator penalty for his efforts.
Scott has already been involved in an ugly incident this season. He tried to grab the much smaller Leafs forward Phil Kessel and fight him during a pre-season game. That immediately led to a line brawl and Kessel delivering a pair of two-handed slashes to Scott.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)