Sep 22, 2013, 9:51 PM EST
Details continue to trickle in, but it already sounds like Sunday’s Buffalo Sabres-Toronto Maple Leafs game could be the wildest preseason game of 2013-14. The two sides collaborated for a line brawl that included a goalie fight between Jonathan Bernier and Ryan Miller and could very well result in an automatic 10-game suspension for David Clarkson, who left the bench during the mayhem.
Here’s a shot of the collection of penalties from that 10:01 mark of the third period:
The Times Herald’s Bill Hoppe reports that the Sabres had five games left on their bench following the brawl while TSN’s Jonas Siegel counts six remaining Leafs.
More on the brawl
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 12
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4