Sep 22, 2013, 9:51 PM EST
Details continue to trickle in, but it already sounds like Sunday’s Buffalo Sabres-Toronto Maple Leafs game could be the wildest preseason game of 2013-14. The two sides collaborated for a line brawl that included a goalie fight between Jonathan Bernier and Ryan Miller and could very well result in an automatic 10-game suspension for David Clarkson, who left the bench during the mayhem.
Here’s a shot of the collection of penalties from that 10:01 mark of the third period:
The Times Herald’s Bill Hoppe reports that the Sabres had five games left on their bench following the brawl while TSN’s Jonas Siegel counts six remaining Leafs.
More on the brawl
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 6
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2