Sep 22, 2013, 9:51 PM EDT
Details continue to trickle in, but it already sounds like Sunday’s Buffalo Sabres-Toronto Maple Leafs game could be the wildest preseason game of 2013-14. The two sides collaborated for a line brawl that included a goalie fight between Jonathan Bernier and Ryan Miller and could very well result in an automatic 10-game suspension for David Clarkson, who left the bench during the mayhem.
Here’s a shot of the collection of penalties from that 10:01 mark of the third period:
The Times Herald’s Bill Hoppe reports that the Sabres had five games left on their bench following the brawl while TSN’s Jonas Siegel counts six remaining Leafs.
More on the brawl
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 0
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54