Oct 18, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
News and notes from around the league…
Da Costa down
Da Costa, 24, signed with Ottawa in 2011 after two standout seasons with Merrimack College and proceeded to appear in 39 games with the Sens, scoring four goals and three assists.
He re-upped with Ottawa on a one-year contract in August.
Kuemper back to Iowa
After a brief stint with the Wild that included a poor performance against Toronto, goalie Darcy Kuemper has been returned to Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa.
Kuemper, 23, got the nod against the Leafs on Oct. 15 with Niklas Backstrom hurt and Josh Harding needing a break after playing in four straight games. He surrendered three goals on seven shots and was yanked in the second period.
Panthers demote Clemmensen
The Florida Panthers have sent veteran netminder Scott Clemmensen back to AHL San Antonio.
The 36-year-old has already passed through waivers once this season.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)