Oct 18, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
News and notes from around the league…
Da Costa down
Da Costa, 24, signed with Ottawa in 2011 after two standout seasons with Merrimack College and proceeded to appear in 39 games with the Sens, scoring four goals and three assists.
He re-upped with Ottawa on a one-year contract in August.
Kuemper back to Iowa
After a brief stint with the Wild that included a poor performance against Toronto, goalie Darcy Kuemper has been returned to Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa.
Kuemper, 23, got the nod against the Leafs on Oct. 15 with Niklas Backstrom hurt and Josh Harding needing a break after playing in four straight games. He surrendered three goals on seven shots and was yanked in the second period.
Panthers demote Clemmensen
The Florida Panthers have sent veteran netminder Scott Clemmensen back to AHL San Antonio.
The 36-year-old has already passed through waivers once this season.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 33
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 10
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)