Oct 18, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
News and notes from around the league…
Da Costa down
Da Costa, 24, signed with Ottawa in 2011 after two standout seasons with Merrimack College and proceeded to appear in 39 games with the Sens, scoring four goals and three assists.
He re-upped with Ottawa on a one-year contract in August.
Kuemper back to Iowa
After a brief stint with the Wild that included a poor performance against Toronto, goalie Darcy Kuemper has been returned to Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa.
Kuemper, 23, got the nod against the Leafs on Oct. 15 with Niklas Backstrom hurt and Josh Harding needing a break after playing in four straight games. He surrendered three goals on seven shots and was yanked in the second period.
Panthers demote Clemmensen
The Florida Panthers have sent veteran netminder Scott Clemmensen back to AHL San Antonio.
The 36-year-old has already passed through waivers once this season.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5