Oct 18, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
News and notes from around the league…
Da Costa down
Da Costa, 24, signed with Ottawa in 2011 after two standout seasons with Merrimack College and proceeded to appear in 39 games with the Sens, scoring four goals and three assists.
He re-upped with Ottawa on a one-year contract in August.
Kuemper back to Iowa
After a brief stint with the Wild that included a poor performance against Toronto, goalie Darcy Kuemper has been returned to Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa.
Kuemper, 23, got the nod against the Leafs on Oct. 15 with Niklas Backstrom hurt and Josh Harding needing a break after playing in four straight games. He surrendered three goals on seven shots and was yanked in the second period.
Panthers demote Clemmensen
The Florida Panthers have sent veteran netminder Scott Clemmensen back to AHL San Antonio.
The 36-year-old has already passed through waivers once this season.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 22
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)