Oct 18, 2013, 1:03 PM EST
News and notes from around the league…
Da Costa down
Da Costa, 24, signed with Ottawa in 2011 after two standout seasons with Merrimack College and proceeded to appear in 39 games with the Sens, scoring four goals and three assists.
He re-upped with Ottawa on a one-year contract in August.
Kuemper back to Iowa
After a brief stint with the Wild that included a poor performance against Toronto, goalie Darcy Kuemper has been returned to Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Iowa.
Kuemper, 23, got the nod against the Leafs on Oct. 15 with Niklas Backstrom hurt and Josh Harding needing a break after playing in four straight games. He surrendered three goals on seven shots and was yanked in the second period.
Panthers demote Clemmensen
The Florida Panthers have sent veteran netminder Scott Clemmensen back to AHL San Antonio.
The 36-year-old has already passed through waivers once this season.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)