Oct 17, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Da Costa, 24, signed with Ottawa in 2011 after two standout seasons with Merrimack College and proceeded to appear in 39 games with the Sens, scoring four goals and three assists.
He re-upped with Ottawa on a one-year contract in August.
Despite inking a new deal, Da Costa was a bit player for the Sens this year, suiting up for just four games while averaging 11:27 TOI per game.
His most memorable moment in an Ottawa uniform? Probably being on the receiving end of this Dion Phaneuf hit in 2011:
Waiving Da Costa could signal that Ottawa’s ready to bring up Mika Zibanejad from AHL Binghamton, after he was surprisingly dropped from the Sens’ 23-man roster following training camp.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 2
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 13
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)