Oct 17, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Da Costa, 24, signed with Ottawa in 2011 after two standout seasons with Merrimack College and proceeded to appear in 39 games with the Sens, scoring four goals and three assists.
He re-upped with Ottawa on a one-year contract in August.
Despite inking a new deal, Da Costa was a bit player for the Sens this year, suiting up for just four games while averaging 11:27 TOI per game.
His most memorable moment in an Ottawa uniform? Probably being on the receiving end of this Dion Phaneuf hit in 2011:
Waiving Da Costa could signal that Ottawa’s ready to bring up Mika Zibanejad from AHL Binghamton, after he was surprisingly dropped from the Sens’ 23-man roster following training camp.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 1
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)