Oct 17, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
Da Costa, 24, signed with Ottawa in 2011 after two standout seasons with Merrimack College and proceeded to appear in 39 games with the Sens, scoring four goals and three assists.
He re-upped with Ottawa on a one-year contract in August.
Despite inking a new deal, Da Costa was a bit player for the Sens this year, suiting up for just four games while averaging 11:27 TOI per game.
His most memorable moment in an Ottawa uniform? Probably being on the receiving end of this Dion Phaneuf hit in 2011:
Waiving Da Costa could signal that Ottawa’s ready to bring up Mika Zibanejad from AHL Binghamton, after he was surprisingly dropped from the Sens’ 23-man roster following training camp.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 43
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 11
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (43)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)