Oct 17, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
Da Costa, 24, signed with Ottawa in 2011 after two standout seasons with Merrimack College and proceeded to appear in 39 games with the Sens, scoring four goals and three assists.
He re-upped with Ottawa on a one-year contract in August.
Despite inking a new deal, Da Costa was a bit player for the Sens this year, suiting up for just four games while averaging 11:27 TOI per game.
His most memorable moment in an Ottawa uniform? Probably being on the receiving end of this Dion Phaneuf hit in 2011:
Waiving Da Costa could signal that Ottawa’s ready to bring up Mika Zibanejad from AHL Binghamton, after he was surprisingly dropped from the Sens’ 23-man roster following training camp.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 15
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)