Oct 18, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
There was a welcome sight after Montreal’s practice on Friday as three injured players — George Parros, Alexei Emelin and Douglas Murray — skated as a group, an important step in their eventual returns.
The most welcome sight was probably that of Parros, his first time out on the ice since suffering a scary concussion during Montreal’s season-opening loss to Toronto in a fight with Colton Orr.
“It’s going a lot better,” Coach Michel Therrien said of Parros, as per the Montreal Gazette. “I can’t say exactly if he’s symptom-free, but he’s reached another step in his recovery.”
Emelin, 27, is still recovering from torn knee ligaments in a collision with Boston’s Milan Lucic last April.
The Russian rearguard, who led the team in hits (110) last season, underwent surgery in May, at which time it was reported he’d be facing six months of recovery. Habs GM Marc Bergevin said Emelin would be out until at least December.
Murray, 33, was hurt right near the end of the preseason and is expected to be out until late October/early November.
He’s yet to make his Canadiens debut and is just one of the club’s banged-up blueliners. He, Emelin and Davis Drewiske — out 5-6 months after shoulder surgery — are all currently on the injured list.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)