Oct 18, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
There was a welcome sight after Montreal’s practice on Friday as three injured players — George Parros, Alexei Emelin and Douglas Murray — skated as a group, an important step in their eventual returns.
The most welcome sight was probably that of Parros, his first time out on the ice since suffering a scary concussion during Montreal’s season-opening loss to Toronto in a fight with Colton Orr.
“It’s going a lot better,” Coach Michel Therrien said of Parros, as per the Montreal Gazette. “I can’t say exactly if he’s symptom-free, but he’s reached another step in his recovery.”
Emelin, 27, is still recovering from torn knee ligaments in a collision with Boston’s Milan Lucic last April.
The Russian rearguard, who led the team in hits (110) last season, underwent surgery in May, at which time it was reported he’d be facing six months of recovery. Habs GM Marc Bergevin said Emelin would be out until at least December.
Murray, 33, was hurt right near the end of the preseason and is expected to be out until late October/early November.
He’s yet to make his Canadiens debut and is just one of the club’s banged-up blueliners. He, Emelin and Davis Drewiske — out 5-6 months after shoulder surgery — are all currently on the injured list.
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 13
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 29
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)