Oct 18, 2013, 4:41 PM EST
There was a welcome sight after Montreal’s practice on Friday as three injured players — George Parros, Alexei Emelin and Douglas Murray — skated as a group, an important step in their eventual returns.
The most welcome sight was probably that of Parros, his first time out on the ice since suffering a scary concussion during Montreal’s season-opening loss to Toronto in a fight with Colton Orr.
“It’s going a lot better,” Coach Michel Therrien said of Parros, as per the Montreal Gazette. “I can’t say exactly if he’s symptom-free, but he’s reached another step in his recovery.”
Emelin, 27, is still recovering from torn knee ligaments in a collision with Boston’s Milan Lucic last April.
The Russian rearguard, who led the team in hits (110) last season, underwent surgery in May, at which time it was reported he’d be facing six months of recovery. Habs GM Marc Bergevin said Emelin would be out until at least December.
Murray, 33, was hurt right near the end of the preseason and is expected to be out until late October/early November.
He’s yet to make his Canadiens debut and is just one of the club’s banged-up blueliners. He, Emelin and Davis Drewiske — out 5-6 months after shoulder surgery — are all currently on the injured list.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 29
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 86
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (86)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)