Oct 11, 2013, 12:47 AM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Cody Franson suffered a cut to his nose Thursday night, but seems to have avoided a serious injury, according to the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle. That’s great news after he was the victim of a scary hit during Toronto’s match against the Nashville Predators.
Nashville’s Mike Fisher pushed Franson from behind into stanchion, causing Franson to collapse to the ice. When he got up on his own strength, he left behind a pool of blood:
Fisher was given five minutes for boarding and a game misconduct for his actions, which “surprised” him, according to the Tennessean’s Joshua Cooper. As far as Fisher is concerned, it was a hockey play. He added that he didn’t intend to cause an injury.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55