Oct 11, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Kaleta will have his hearing on Tuesday, meaning he’ll miss Saturday’s game against Chicago and Monday’s against Minnesota. The fact it is in-person means the suspension can exceed five games.
The pending supplementary discipline is the result of a collision between Kaleta and Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the first period of last night’s game. The hit was not penalized.
The video below shows Kaleta involved in a fight with Jared Boll, although a replay later on shows the collision between Kaleta and Johnson.
As per the league’s website:
The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: illegal check to the head. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.
Kaleta’s history as a repeat offender is increasingly extensive.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 5
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 15
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28