Oct 11, 2013, 10:06 PM EST
Kaleta will have his hearing on Tuesday, meaning he’ll miss Saturday’s game against Chicago and Monday’s against Minnesota. The fact it is in-person means the suspension can exceed five games.
The pending supplementary discipline is the result of a collision between Kaleta and Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the first period of last night’s game. The hit was not penalized.
The video below shows Kaleta involved in a fight with Jared Boll, although a replay later on shows the collision between Kaleta and Johnson.
As per the league’s website:
The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: illegal check to the head. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.
Kaleta’s history as a repeat offender is increasingly extensive.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)