Oct 11, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Kaleta will have his hearing on Tuesday, meaning he’ll miss Saturday’s game against Chicago and Monday’s against Minnesota. The fact it is in-person means the suspension can exceed five games.
The pending supplementary discipline is the result of a collision between Kaleta and Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the first period of last night’s game. The hit was not penalized.
The video below shows Kaleta involved in a fight with Jared Boll, although a replay later on shows the collision between Kaleta and Johnson.
As per the league’s website:
The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: illegal check to the head. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.
Kaleta’s history as a repeat offender is increasingly extensive.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6