Oct 11, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Kaleta will have his hearing on Tuesday, meaning he’ll miss Saturday’s game against Chicago and Monday’s against Minnesota. The fact it is in-person means the suspension can exceed five games.
The pending supplementary discipline is the result of a collision between Kaleta and Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the first period of last night’s game. The hit was not penalized.
The video below shows Kaleta involved in a fight with Jared Boll, although a replay later on shows the collision between Kaleta and Johnson.
As per the league’s website:
The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: illegal check to the head. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.
Kaleta’s history as a repeat offender is increasingly extensive.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)