Oct 11, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Kaleta will have his hearing on Tuesday, meaning he’ll miss Saturday’s game against Chicago and Monday’s against Minnesota. The fact it is in-person means the suspension can exceed five games.
The pending supplementary discipline is the result of a collision between Kaleta and Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson during the first period of last night’s game. The hit was not penalized.
The video below shows Kaleta involved in a fight with Jared Boll, although a replay later on shows the collision between Kaleta and Johnson.
As per the league’s website:
The following grounds are being considered for supplemental discipline: illegal check to the head. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to the infraction upon review.
Kaleta’s history as a repeat offender is increasingly extensive.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)