Nov 3, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
Here’s the video explanation:
Firstly, congrats to Kaleta for coining the phrase “serial flying headbutter”. The only other individual known for repeat offenses of this nature is E. Honda from Street Fighter (and his signature finishing move, “The Sumo Headbutt”.) Some elite company there.
Secondly, a question: At what point does someone decide to become a human projectile? That’s a pretty serious conversation you’ve got to have with yourself. “Look head, I’m gonna launch you into unsuspecting opponents. And I’m going to do it often. In fact, it’s going to be our thing.” Bizarre.
Another bizarre aspect of the incident is that Kaleta wasn’t even penalized on the play. This may be because there’s no penalty for “being insane”, but it’s more likely the officials 1) didn’t see it or 2) saw it, but couldn’t believe it actually happened. I’m going with the latter.
As for the fallout: Kaleta will miss games Nov. 4 vs. Calgary, Nov. 5 at Ottawa, Nov. 8 vs. Winnipeg and Nov. 11 vs. Ottawa. He will be eligible to return Nov. 12 at Boston, but not before he forks over $19,621.64 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 29
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (29)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)