Nov 3, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
Here’s the video explanation:
Firstly, congrats to Kaleta for coining the phrase “serial flying headbutter”. The only other individual known for repeat offenses of this nature is E. Honda from Street Fighter (and his signature finishing move, “The Sumo Headbutt”.) Some elite company there.
Secondly, a question: At what point does someone decide to become a human projectile? That’s a pretty serious conversation you’ve got to have with yourself. “Look head, I’m gonna launch you into unsuspecting opponents. And I’m going to do it often. In fact, it’s going to be our thing.” Bizarre.
Another bizarre aspect of the incident is that Kaleta wasn’t even penalized on the play. This may be because there’s no penalty for “being insane”, but it’s more likely the officials 1) didn’t see it or 2) saw it, but couldn’t believe it actually happened. I’m going with the latter.
As for the fallout: Kaleta will miss games Nov. 4 vs. Calgary, Nov. 5 at Ottawa, Nov. 8 vs. Winnipeg and Nov. 11 vs. Ottawa. He will be eligible to return Nov. 12 at Boston, but not before he forks over $19,621.64 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)