Nov 3, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
Here’s the video explanation:
Firstly, congrats to Kaleta for coining the phrase “serial flying headbutter”. The only other individual known for repeat offenses of this nature is E. Honda from Street Fighter (and his signature finishing move, “The Sumo Headbutt”.) Some elite company there.
Secondly, a question: At what point does someone decide to become a human projectile? That’s a pretty serious conversation you’ve got to have with yourself. “Look head, I’m gonna launch you into unsuspecting opponents. And I’m going to do it often. In fact, it’s going to be our thing.” Bizarre.
Another bizarre aspect of the incident is that Kaleta wasn’t even penalized on the play. This may be because there’s no penalty for “being insane”, but it’s more likely the officials 1) didn’t see it or 2) saw it, but couldn’t believe it actually happened. I’m going with the latter.
As for the fallout: Kaleta will miss games Nov. 4 vs. Calgary, Nov. 5 at Ottawa, Nov. 8 vs. Winnipeg and Nov. 11 vs. Ottawa. He will be eligible to return Nov. 12 at Boston, but not before he forks over $19,621.64 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63