Nov 3, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
Here’s the video explanation:
Firstly, congrats to Kaleta for coining the phrase “serial flying headbutter”. The only other individual known for repeat offenses of this nature is E. Honda from Street Fighter (and his signature finishing move, “The Sumo Headbutt”.) Some elite company there.
Secondly, a question: At what point does someone decide to become a human projectile? That’s a pretty serious conversation you’ve got to have with yourself. “Look head, I’m gonna launch you into unsuspecting opponents. And I’m going to do it often. In fact, it’s going to be our thing.” Bizarre.
Another bizarre aspect of the incident is that Kaleta wasn’t even penalized on the play. This may be because there’s no penalty for “being insane”, but it’s more likely the officials 1) didn’t see it or 2) saw it, but couldn’t believe it actually happened. I’m going with the latter.
As for the fallout: Kaleta will miss games Nov. 4 vs. Calgary, Nov. 5 at Ottawa, Nov. 8 vs. Winnipeg and Nov. 11 vs. Ottawa. He will be eligible to return Nov. 12 at Boston, but not before he forks over $19,621.64 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 10
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 35
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)