Nov 3, 2011, 4:23 PM EST
Here’s the video explanation:
Firstly, congrats to Kaleta for coining the phrase “serial flying headbutter”. The only other individual known for repeat offenses of this nature is E. Honda from Street Fighter (and his signature finishing move, “The Sumo Headbutt”.) Some elite company there.
Secondly, a question: At what point does someone decide to become a human projectile? That’s a pretty serious conversation you’ve got to have with yourself. “Look head, I’m gonna launch you into unsuspecting opponents. And I’m going to do it often. In fact, it’s going to be our thing.” Bizarre.
Another bizarre aspect of the incident is that Kaleta wasn’t even penalized on the play. This may be because there’s no penalty for “being insane”, but it’s more likely the officials 1) didn’t see it or 2) saw it, but couldn’t believe it actually happened. I’m going with the latter.
As for the fallout: Kaleta will miss games Nov. 4 vs. Calgary, Nov. 5 at Ottawa, Nov. 8 vs. Winnipeg and Nov. 11 vs. Ottawa. He will be eligible to return Nov. 12 at Boston, but not before he forks over $19,621.64 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 36
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 89
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 101
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (101)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (101)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)