Oct 7, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
The Flyers’ 0-3-0 start to the season doesn’t have anyone in Philadelphia feeling good. The biggest problem for them so far is that the offense is nowhere to be found as they’re scoring just one goal per game.
Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News reports there’s talk the team is looking to make a deal to help their goal-free woes and Calgary is on their radar.
One name the Flyers have been kicking around is winger Curtis Glencross, who has been playing on Calgary’s first line. Glencross, 30, netted 26 points in 40 games last season. He has 24- and 26-goal seasons on his resume, he’s consistent, and he’s one of the few players on Calgary’s roster to play a gritty game.
One thing the Flyers have that the Flames can use is defensemen.
Philly has eight blue liners on their current roster and sent Bruno Gervais to AHL Adirondack to make room for newly signed Hal Gill.
Andrej Meszaros‘ name has come up in trade rumors more often than not in the past two months. With a cap hit of $4 million this season, he’s a bit tricky to move in a deal. For what it’s worth, Glencross has a $2.55 million cap hit, something Philly can easily afford.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 35
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)