Oct 7, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
The Flyers’ 0-3-0 start to the season doesn’t have anyone in Philadelphia feeling good. The biggest problem for them so far is that the offense is nowhere to be found as they’re scoring just one goal per game.
Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News reports there’s talk the team is looking to make a deal to help their goal-free woes and Calgary is on their radar.
One name the Flyers have been kicking around is winger Curtis Glencross, who has been playing on Calgary’s first line. Glencross, 30, netted 26 points in 40 games last season. He has 24- and 26-goal seasons on his resume, he’s consistent, and he’s one of the few players on Calgary’s roster to play a gritty game.
One thing the Flyers have that the Flames can use is defensemen.
Philly has eight blue liners on their current roster and sent Bruno Gervais to AHL Adirondack to make room for newly signed Hal Gill.
Andrej Meszaros‘ name has come up in trade rumors more often than not in the past two months. With a cap hit of $4 million this season, he’s a bit tricky to move in a deal. For what it’s worth, Glencross has a $2.55 million cap hit, something Philly can easily afford.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)