Oct 7, 2013, 9:15 AM EST
The Flyers’ 0-3-0 start to the season doesn’t have anyone in Philadelphia feeling good. The biggest problem for them so far is that the offense is nowhere to be found as they’re scoring just one goal per game.
Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News reports there’s talk the team is looking to make a deal to help their goal-free woes and Calgary is on their radar.
One name the Flyers have been kicking around is winger Curtis Glencross, who has been playing on Calgary’s first line. Glencross, 30, netted 26 points in 40 games last season. He has 24- and 26-goal seasons on his resume, he’s consistent, and he’s one of the few players on Calgary’s roster to play a gritty game.
One thing the Flyers have that the Flames can use is defensemen.
Philly has eight blue liners on their current roster and sent Bruno Gervais to AHL Adirondack to make room for newly signed Hal Gill.
Andrej Meszaros‘ name has come up in trade rumors more often than not in the past two months. With a cap hit of $4 million this season, he’s a bit tricky to move in a deal. For what it’s worth, Glencross has a $2.55 million cap hit, something Philly can easily afford.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)