Oct 7, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
The Flyers’ 0-3-0 start to the season doesn’t have anyone in Philadelphia feeling good. The biggest problem for them so far is that the offense is nowhere to be found as they’re scoring just one goal per game.
Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News reports there’s talk the team is looking to make a deal to help their goal-free woes and Calgary is on their radar.
One name the Flyers have been kicking around is winger Curtis Glencross, who has been playing on Calgary’s first line. Glencross, 30, netted 26 points in 40 games last season. He has 24- and 26-goal seasons on his resume, he’s consistent, and he’s one of the few players on Calgary’s roster to play a gritty game.
One thing the Flyers have that the Flames can use is defensemen.
Philly has eight blue liners on their current roster and sent Bruno Gervais to AHL Adirondack to make room for newly signed Hal Gill.
Andrej Meszaros‘ name has come up in trade rumors more often than not in the past two months. With a cap hit of $4 million this season, he’s a bit tricky to move in a deal. For what it’s worth, Glencross has a $2.55 million cap hit, something Philly can easily afford.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)