Oct 5, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers struggled in the preseason and lost their 2013-14 opener. That’s not worth panicking over, but given that the Flyers are coming off of a disappointing campaign, their front office might not tolerate a slow start.
In fact, Flyers coach Peter Laviolette might only have 10-15 games to save his job, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
“There’s a sense of fear of impending doom for some around the organization and without question Laviolette is in trouble,” Dreger reported.
Flyers owner Ed Snider recently threw his support behind Laviolette and Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, but the idea that the bench boss will get fired remains popular. On Oct. 1, Bovada was giving 2/1 odds that Laviolette would be the first coach fired.
Meanwhile, the Flyers will attempt to put their disappointing start behind them when they face the Montreal Canadiens tonight.
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)