Oct 5, 2013, 11:11 AM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers struggled in the preseason and lost their 2013-14 opener. That’s not worth panicking over, but given that the Flyers are coming off of a disappointing campaign, their front office might not tolerate a slow start.
In fact, Flyers coach Peter Laviolette might only have 10-15 games to save his job, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
“There’s a sense of fear of impending doom for some around the organization and without question Laviolette is in trouble,” Dreger reported.
Flyers owner Ed Snider recently threw his support behind Laviolette and Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, but the idea that the bench boss will get fired remains popular. On Oct. 1, Bovada was giving 2/1 odds that Laviolette would be the first coach fired.
Meanwhile, the Flyers will attempt to put their disappointing start behind them when they face the Montreal Canadiens tonight.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)