Oct 4, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
The New York Rangers will have their captain back Monday in Los Angeles when Ryan Callahan returns to the lineup against the Kings.
Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault made the announcement today, per Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News.
Callahan has been recovering from offseason shoulder surgery. The 28-year-old missed Thursday’s season-opening loss to the Coyotes in Phoenix.
The Rangers will be hoping injuries aren’t a major factor going forward for Callahan, who’s been forced to deal with an assortment of ailments the past few seasons.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 5
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6