Sep 25, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
The guy who felt Phil Kessel‘s slashes seems OK with the Toronto Maple Leafs forward’s preseason suspension, but a player who committed a similar offense and received a different punishment isn’t so happy.
San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic was fined $8,378.38 for slashing Minnesota Wild winger Dany Heatley in the waning moments of a game back in April, but didn’t receive a suspension. The 26-year-old blueliner told the Mercury News that, overall, Kessel got off a lot lighter than he did.
“Three pre-season games? Who cares? I’m sure he’ll be ready for the regular season,” Vlasic said. “There’s no side effects, no consequence to what he did. He doesn’t lose one cent or doesn’t lose one regular season game for vicious slashes.”
Vlasic was pretty matter-of-fact about his own self defense argument back in April, as you can see from this CSNBayArea.com video:
Overall, it seems like Vlasic believes that it wasn’t a fair ruling.
“I don’t understand why he would get what he got and I would get what I got, but I don’t make the rules,” Vlasic said.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 7
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)