Sep 25, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
The guy who felt Phil Kessel‘s slashes seems OK with the Toronto Maple Leafs forward’s preseason suspension, but a player who committed a similar offense and received a different punishment isn’t so happy.
San Jose Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic was fined $8,378.38 for slashing Minnesota Wild winger Dany Heatley in the waning moments of a game back in April, but didn’t receive a suspension. The 26-year-old blueliner told the Mercury News that, overall, Kessel got off a lot lighter than he did.
“Three pre-season games? Who cares? I’m sure he’ll be ready for the regular season,” Vlasic said. “There’s no side effects, no consequence to what he did. He doesn’t lose one cent or doesn’t lose one regular season game for vicious slashes.”
Vlasic was pretty matter-of-fact about his own self defense argument back in April, as you can see from this CSNBayArea.com video:
Overall, it seems like Vlasic believes that it wasn’t a fair ruling.
“I don’t understand why he would get what he got and I would get what I got, but I don’t make the rules,” Vlasic said.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)