Sep 14, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr sat out another New Jersey Devils scrimmage on Saturday, although much like yesterday, this appears to be simply precautionary.
What ails the 41-year-old Jagr is some soreness. Nothing too serious.
“I did see him and he’s feeling better,” Devils head coach Peter DeBoer said, as per .
“I’m not concerned about it in the long term. So we’re not going to rush him. He’s kind of setting his own timetable right now for when he wants to get back out.”
Jagr’s off-season was a short one. He was a member of the Boston Bruins in their run to the Stanley Cup Final, which concluded June 24. The turn around to training camp hasn’t been very long at all.
“I think there are different types of soreness,” DeBoer said earlier in the week.
“It’s a different level when you step out onto the ice and it’s not the first time I’ve dealt with guys who had aches and pains on the first day.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50