Sep 14, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr sat out another New Jersey Devils scrimmage on Saturday, although much like yesterday, this appears to be simply precautionary.
What ails the 41-year-old Jagr is some soreness. Nothing too serious.
“I did see him and he’s feeling better,” Devils head coach Peter DeBoer said, as per .
“I’m not concerned about it in the long term. So we’re not going to rush him. He’s kind of setting his own timetable right now for when he wants to get back out.”
Jagr’s off-season was a short one. He was a member of the Boston Bruins in their run to the Stanley Cup Final, which concluded June 24. The turn around to training camp hasn’t been very long at all.
“I think there are different types of soreness,” DeBoer said earlier in the week.
“It’s a different level when you step out onto the ice and it’s not the first time I’ve dealt with guys who had aches and pains on the first day.”
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11