Sep 14, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr sat out another New Jersey Devils scrimmage on Saturday, although much like yesterday, this appears to be simply precautionary.
What ails the 41-year-old Jagr is some soreness. Nothing too serious.
“I did see him and he’s feeling better,” Devils head coach Peter DeBoer said, as per .
“I’m not concerned about it in the long term. So we’re not going to rush him. He’s kind of setting his own timetable right now for when he wants to get back out.”
Jagr’s off-season was a short one. He was a member of the Boston Bruins in their run to the Stanley Cup Final, which concluded June 24. The turn around to training camp hasn’t been very long at all.
“I think there are different types of soreness,” DeBoer said earlier in the week.
“It’s a different level when you step out onto the ice and it’s not the first time I’ve dealt with guys who had aches and pains on the first day.”
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29