Sep 14, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr sat out another New Jersey Devils scrimmage on Saturday, although much like yesterday, this appears to be simply precautionary.
What ails the 41-year-old Jagr is some soreness. Nothing too serious.
“I did see him and he’s feeling better,” Devils head coach Peter DeBoer said, as per .
“I’m not concerned about it in the long term. So we’re not going to rush him. He’s kind of setting his own timetable right now for when he wants to get back out.”
Jagr’s off-season was a short one. He was a member of the Boston Bruins in their run to the Stanley Cup Final, which concluded June 24. The turn around to training camp hasn’t been very long at all.
“I think there are different types of soreness,” DeBoer said earlier in the week.
“It’s a different level when you step out onto the ice and it’s not the first time I’ve dealt with guys who had aches and pains on the first day.”
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 12
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 8
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 31
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 110
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37