Sep 13, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Peter DeBoer isn’t worried about Jaromir Jagr missing his second straight day of training camp.
That’s what the Devils head coach told NHL.com on Friday as Jagr, the club’s 41-year-old free agent signee, missed a controlled scrimmage with “soreness.”
“I’m not overly concerned about it, but because time is definitely on our side we’ll err on the side of caution,” DeBoer said.
Even though Jagr is the oldest player on the team and one of the league’s elder statesmen, DeBoer didn’t sound worried at all about No. 68′s health.
“I think there are different types of soreness,” DeBoer explained. “It’s a different level when you step out onto the ice and it’s not the first time I’ve dealt with guys who had aches and pains on the first day.”
According to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger, Jagr was the only Devil not to participate in Friday’s post-scrimmage practice.
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 6
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)