Sep 11, 2013, 2:08 PM EST
The Sedins want to stay in Vancouver. The Canucks want to keep the Sedins. All that’s left is for a deal to be struck.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the two sides will get down to negotiating an extension tomorrow. As it currently stands, the twins can become unrestricted free agents next summer.
“Everyone knows we want to be here,” Daniel Sedin, 32, said today. “We’re excited to be here.”
“There’s a lot of things that need to be discussed,” Henrik said last week. “It’s money, it’s terms, it’s years, it’s a lot of different things. So I’m sure it’s not going to happen in one day, but we’ll see what happens.”
A couple of other Sedin-related notes from today’s pre-camp media availability.
— New head coach John Tortorella said winger Zack Kassian would be given ample preseason opportunity in the top six, which would include time on the first line with the twins.
— Tortorella also confirmed the Sedins will be given more defensive responsibility, including penalty killing and, if necessary, blocking shots.
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 1
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 4
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 16
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)