Sep 11, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
The Sedins want to stay in Vancouver. The Canucks want to keep the Sedins. All that’s left is for a deal to be struck.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the two sides will get down to negotiating an extension tomorrow. As it currently stands, the twins can become unrestricted free agents next summer.
“Everyone knows we want to be here,” Daniel Sedin, 32, said today. “We’re excited to be here.”
“There’s a lot of things that need to be discussed,” Henrik said last week. “It’s money, it’s terms, it’s years, it’s a lot of different things. So I’m sure it’s not going to happen in one day, but we’ll see what happens.”
A couple of other Sedin-related notes from today’s pre-camp media availability.
— New head coach John Tortorella said winger Zack Kassian would be given ample preseason opportunity in the top six, which would include time on the first line with the twins.
— Tortorella also confirmed the Sedins will be given more defensive responsibility, including penalty killing and, if necessary, blocking shots.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)