Sep 11, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
The Sedins want to stay in Vancouver. The Canucks want to keep the Sedins. All that’s left is for a deal to be struck.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the two sides will get down to negotiating an extension tomorrow. As it currently stands, the twins can become unrestricted free agents next summer.
“Everyone knows we want to be here,” Daniel Sedin, 32, said today. “We’re excited to be here.”
“There’s a lot of things that need to be discussed,” Henrik said last week. “It’s money, it’s terms, it’s years, it’s a lot of different things. So I’m sure it’s not going to happen in one day, but we’ll see what happens.”
Gillis also would like Sedins signed soon here. Sedins thinking this could their last NHL contract—
Jason Botchford (@botchford) September 11, 2013
A couple of other Sedin-related notes from today’s pre-camp media availability.
— New head coach John Tortorella said winger Zack Kassian would be given ample preseason opportunity in the top six, which would include time on the first line with the twins.
— Tortorella also confirmed the Sedins will be given more defensive responsibility, including penalty killing and, if necessary, blocking shots.
"Blocking shots develops a culture." — Torts—
Jason Brough (@JasonPHT) September 11, 2013
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 54
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)