Sep 11, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
The Sedins want to stay in Vancouver. The Canucks want to keep the Sedins. All that’s left is for a deal to be struck.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the two sides will get down to negotiating an extension tomorrow. As it currently stands, the twins can become unrestricted free agents next summer.
“Everyone knows we want to be here,” Daniel Sedin, 32, said today. “We’re excited to be here.”
“There’s a lot of things that need to be discussed,” Henrik said last week. “It’s money, it’s terms, it’s years, it’s a lot of different things. So I’m sure it’s not going to happen in one day, but we’ll see what happens.”
A couple of other Sedin-related notes from today’s pre-camp media availability.
— New head coach John Tortorella said winger Zack Kassian would be given ample preseason opportunity in the top six, which would include time on the first line with the twins.
— Tortorella also confirmed the Sedins will be given more defensive responsibility, including penalty killing and, if necessary, blocking shots.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)