Sep 11, 2013, 2:08 PM EST
The Sedins want to stay in Vancouver. The Canucks want to keep the Sedins. All that’s left is for a deal to be struck.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the two sides will get down to negotiating an extension tomorrow. As it currently stands, the twins can become unrestricted free agents next summer.
“Everyone knows we want to be here,” Daniel Sedin, 32, said today. “We’re excited to be here.”
“There’s a lot of things that need to be discussed,” Henrik said last week. “It’s money, it’s terms, it’s years, it’s a lot of different things. So I’m sure it’s not going to happen in one day, but we’ll see what happens.”
A couple of other Sedin-related notes from today’s pre-camp media availability.
— New head coach John Tortorella said winger Zack Kassian would be given ample preseason opportunity in the top six, which would include time on the first line with the twins.
— Tortorella also confirmed the Sedins will be given more defensive responsibility, including penalty killing and, if necessary, blocking shots.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28