Sep 5, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Rugged Minnesota Wild forward Mike Rupp seems to be making progress from offseason knee surgery, but he hasn’t been cleared to participate in training camp just yet, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The 33-year-old is reportedly skating on his own but hasn’t taken part in drills or informal skates with teammates.
He played 40 games overall in 2013, playing in 32 with Minnesota after being traded from the New York Rangers.
Rupp showed some resilience of his own during a memorable overtime sequence in Game 1 of Minnesota’s first-round series against the Chicago Blackhawks, as you can see in the video below:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50