Sep 5, 2013, 9:09 PM EDT
Rugged Minnesota Wild forward Mike Rupp seems to be making progress from offseason knee surgery, but he hasn’t been cleared to participate in training camp just yet, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
The 33-year-old is reportedly skating on his own but hasn’t taken part in drills or informal skates with teammates.
He played 40 games overall in 2013, playing in 32 with Minnesota after being traded from the New York Rangers.
Rupp showed some resilience of his own during a memorable overtime sequence in Game 1 of Minnesota’s first-round series against the Chicago Blackhawks, as you can see in the video below:
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 38
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 99
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (99)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)