May 1, 2013, 6:30 AM EDT
When you think of what it’s like to play in the playoffs, you think of winning at any cost. For Minnesota’s Mike Rupp, that’s just what it was like.
During the third period of the Wild’s 2-1 overtime loss to Chicago, Rupp got mixed up with Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy. The two went into the boards with Rupp coming out worse for the wear. While hobbled, thanks to losing his skate blade, there was Rupp trying desperately to get back to the bench while his team was shorthanded.
A vision like this is the sort of thing that lasts through the playoffs to show what it’s like to be part of a playoff team.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6