May 1, 2013, 6:30 AM EST
When you think of what it’s like to play in the playoffs, you think of winning at any cost. For Minnesota’s Mike Rupp, that’s just what it was like.
During the third period of the Wild’s 2-1 overtime loss to Chicago, Rupp got mixed up with Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy. The two went into the boards with Rupp coming out worse for the wear. While hobbled, thanks to losing his skate blade, there was Rupp trying desperately to get back to the bench while his team was shorthanded.
A vision like this is the sort of thing that lasts through the playoffs to show what it’s like to be part of a playoff team.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)