May 1, 2013, 6:30 AM EDT
When you think of what it’s like to play in the playoffs, you think of winning at any cost. For Minnesota’s Mike Rupp, that’s just what it was like.
During the third period of the Wild’s 2-1 overtime loss to Chicago, Rupp got mixed up with Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy. The two went into the boards with Rupp coming out worse for the wear. While hobbled, thanks to losing his skate blade, there was Rupp trying desperately to get back to the bench while his team was shorthanded.
A vision like this is the sort of thing that lasts through the playoffs to show what it’s like to be part of a playoff team.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)