May 1, 2013, 6:30 AM EDT
When you think of what it’s like to play in the playoffs, you think of winning at any cost. For Minnesota’s Mike Rupp, that’s just what it was like.
During the third period of the Wild’s 2-1 overtime loss to Chicago, Rupp got mixed up with Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy. The two went into the boards with Rupp coming out worse for the wear. While hobbled, thanks to losing his skate blade, there was Rupp trying desperately to get back to the bench while his team was shorthanded.
A vision like this is the sort of thing that lasts through the playoffs to show what it’s like to be part of a playoff team.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (61)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)