Aug 28, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
We’re still waiting to see what Ducks forward Teemu Selanne will do about playing this year, but one of his teammates thinks he has a bead on what the future Hall of Famer will do.
“I’ve asked him about five times,” Sbisa said. “You want to play? You got to play. And he’s like, ‘I don’t know.’ We’ll see. But I’m 99 percent sure he’s going to play.
“I think he’s got one more year for sure. But it’s up to him.”
Selanne met with coach Bruce Boudreau yesterday in Anaheim to discuss what his role with the team would be this year. Boudreau seems to be the one guy who will influence Selanne’s decision the most as he’s said he wants to play top-six minutes.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 20
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 33
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 16
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)