Aug 28, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
We’re still waiting to see what Ducks forward Teemu Selanne will do about playing this year, but one of his teammates thinks he has a bead on what the future Hall of Famer will do.
“I’ve asked him about five times,” Sbisa said. “You want to play? You got to play. And he’s like, ‘I don’t know.’ We’ll see. But I’m 99 percent sure he’s going to play.
“I think he’s got one more year for sure. But it’s up to him.”
Selanne met with coach Bruce Boudreau yesterday in Anaheim to discuss what his role with the team would be this year. Boudreau seems to be the one guy who will influence Selanne’s decision the most as he’s said he wants to play top-six minutes.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 55
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (80)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)