Aug 28, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
We’re still waiting to see what Ducks forward Teemu Selanne will do about playing this year, but one of his teammates thinks he has a bead on what the future Hall of Famer will do.
“I’ve asked him about five times,” Sbisa said. “You want to play? You got to play. And he’s like, ‘I don’t know.’ We’ll see. But I’m 99 percent sure he’s going to play.
“I think he’s got one more year for sure. But it’s up to him.”
Selanne met with coach Bruce Boudreau yesterday in Anaheim to discuss what his role with the team would be this year. Boudreau seems to be the one guy who will influence Selanne’s decision the most as he’s said he wants to play top-six minutes.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 4
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 30
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)