Aug 28, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
We’re still waiting to see what Ducks forward Teemu Selanne will do about playing this year, but one of his teammates thinks he has a bead on what the future Hall of Famer will do.
“I’ve asked him about five times,” Sbisa said. “You want to play? You got to play. And he’s like, ‘I don’t know.’ We’ll see. But I’m 99 percent sure he’s going to play.
“I think he’s got one more year for sure. But it’s up to him.”
Selanne met with coach Bruce Boudreau yesterday in Anaheim to discuss what his role with the team would be this year. Boudreau seems to be the one guy who will influence Selanne’s decision the most as he’s said he wants to play top-six minutes.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)