Aug 14, 2013, 3:43 PM EST
Montreal Canadiens prospect Nathan Beaulieu and his father, former Sarnia Sting head coach and GM Jacques Beaulieu, pleaded guilty to assault today in London, Ontario.
Per CTV, father and son each received conditional discharges and nine months’ probation.
From the report:
The charges stemmed from an altercation at a house party in April that followed a charity golf tournament. Two people suffered minor injuries.
Pat Ducharme, the pair’s lawyer, told CTV News that the sentence will not be an impediment to Nathan’s hockey career.
Nathan, 20, was Montreal’s first-round pick (17th overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. The defenseman spent the majority of the 2012-13 campaign with AHL Hamilton, but was called up during the season and appeared in six games with the Habs, recording two assists while finishing with a plus-5 rating.
Jacques Beaulieu was fired by the Sting in May.
“The reasons for his dismissal are not related to the on ice performance of our hockey club,” said co-owner Rob Ciccarelli in a release.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)