Aug 8, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
The above photo is courtesy Andrew Gross of The Record, who was on hand for today’s press conference at Yankee Stadium.
Officially announced in May, there will be two outdoor games played at the baseball stadium this season — the first between the Rangers and Devils, is set for Sunday, Jan. 26, at 12:30 p.m. ET.
The second goes three days later, on Jan. 29, between the Rangers and Islanders at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Ticket info for Rangers-Devils and Rangers-Isles games at Yankee Stadium still not finalized.—
Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) August 08, 2013
Both games will be part of a huge sports week in the New York area, as Super Bowl XLVIII will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium.
For more on today’s press conference, head to NHL.com.
Below, you’ll find a comments section where you can go to complain about all the outdoor games the NHL is holding this season.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 9
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 51
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (54)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)