Aug 8, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
The above photo is courtesy Andrew Gross of The Record, who was on hand for today’s press conference at Yankee Stadium.
Officially announced in May, there will be two outdoor games played at the baseball stadium this season — the first between the Rangers and Devils, is set for Sunday, Jan. 26, at 12:30 p.m. ET.
The second goes three days later, on Jan. 29, between the Rangers and Islanders at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Both games will be part of a huge sports week in the New York area, as Super Bowl XLVIII will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium.
For more on today’s press conference, head to NHL.com.
Below, you’ll find a comments section where you can go to complain about all the outdoor games the NHL is holding this season.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)