Aug 8, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
The above photo is courtesy Andrew Gross of The Record, who was on hand for today’s press conference at Yankee Stadium.
Officially announced in May, there will be two outdoor games played at the baseball stadium this season — the first between the Rangers and Devils, is set for Sunday, Jan. 26, at 12:30 p.m. ET.
The second goes three days later, on Jan. 29, between the Rangers and Islanders at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Both games will be part of a huge sports week in the New York area, as Super Bowl XLVIII will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium.
For more on today’s press conference, head to NHL.com.
Below, you’ll find a comments section where you can go to complain about all the outdoor games the NHL is holding this season.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)