May 15, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Long rumored, the NHL officially announced today there will be two outdoor games played at Yankee Stadium in 2014.
The first one, between the Rangers and Devils, is set for Sunday, Jan. 26, at 12:30 p.m. ET.
The second goes three days later, on Jan. 29, between the Rangers and Islanders at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Both games will be part of a huge sports week in the New York area, as Super Bowl XLVIII will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium.
The Yankee Stadium games are part of the NHL’s 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series.
The 2014 Winter Classic goes Jan 1, 2014, at Michigan Stadium between Toronto and Detroit.
The Blackhawks will play the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 1, 2014 at Soldier Field in Chicago.
It’s also been reported the Vancouver Canucks will host the Ottawa Senators at BC Place on March 2.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7