May 15, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Long rumored, the NHL officially announced today there will be two outdoor games played at Yankee Stadium in 2014.
The first one, between the Rangers and Devils, is set for Sunday, Jan. 26, at 12:30 p.m. ET.
The second goes three days later, on Jan. 29, between the Rangers and Islanders at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Both games will be part of a huge sports week in the New York area, as Super Bowl XLVIII will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium.
The Yankee Stadium games are part of the NHL’s 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series.
The 2014 Winter Classic goes Jan 1, 2014, at Michigan Stadium between Toronto and Detroit.
The Blackhawks will play the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 1, 2014 at Soldier Field in Chicago.
It’s also been reported the Vancouver Canucks will host the Ottawa Senators at BC Place on March 2.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35