Coyotes saga: Investigation launched into ‘possible violations’ by Glendale council in state open meeting law
Jul 19, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
The saga to keep the Coyotes in Glendale took another twist Friday.
According to an online Arizona Republic report, a state investigation has been launched into “possible violations of Arizona’s Open Meeting Law by the Glendale City Council” in connection to meetings that took place between city council, the National Hockey League and perspective buyers of the Coyotes on May 28.
Here is a snippet of what
The Attorney General’s Office launched the investigation in response to several complaints, according to a July 2 letter by Assistant Attorney General Christopher Munns to interim City Manager Dick Bowers.
This is the latest chapter in the economically controversial story of the Coyotes in Glendale.
Earlier this month, Glendale City Council narrowly approved Renaissance Sports & Entertainment’s 15-year, $225 million lease agreement for Jobing.com Arena.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)