Jul 17, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
The Panthers are telling Richards that nothing is final; however, let’s say this is the real deal — you’ll note the rather lengthy Olympic break between Feb. 7 and Feb. 27.
The Sochi Games are scheduled for Feb. 7-23, with the gold-medal game to be played on the final day.
As Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston points out, the 2010 Olympic break was just 13 days. But then, according to PHT’s atlas, Vancouver is a fair bit closer for NHLers than Sochi.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)