Jul 17, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
The Panthers are telling Richards that nothing is final; however, let’s say this is the real deal — you’ll note the rather lengthy Olympic break between Feb. 7 and Feb. 27.
The Sochi Games are scheduled for Feb. 7-23, with the gold-medal game to be played on the final day.
As Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston points out, the 2010 Olympic break was just 13 days. But then, according to PHT’s atlas, Vancouver is a fair bit closer for NHLers than Sochi.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)