Jul 17, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
The Panthers are telling Richards that nothing is final; however, let’s say this is the real deal — you’ll note the rather lengthy Olympic break between Feb. 7 and Feb. 27.
The Sochi Games are scheduled for Feb. 7-23, with the gold-medal game to be played on the final day.
As Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston points out, the 2010 Olympic break was just 13 days. But then, according to PHT’s atlas, Vancouver is a fair bit closer for NHLers than Sochi.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2