Jul 17, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
The Panthers are telling Richards that nothing is final; however, let’s say this is the real deal — you’ll note the rather lengthy Olympic break between Feb. 7 and Feb. 27.
The Sochi Games are scheduled for Feb. 7-23, with the gold-medal game to be played on the final day.
As Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston points out, the 2010 Olympic break was just 13 days. But then, according to PHT’s atlas, Vancouver is a fair bit closer for NHLers than Sochi.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)