Jul 6, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
Coyotes coach Dave Tippett knows Ribeiro well from their three seasons together in Dallas and for Ribeiro, he couldn’t wait to get back together with his old mentor as NHL.com’s Adam Kimelman shares.
“I think that was my No. 1 goal” he said. “To go somewhere knowing the coach and knowing a little bit of what they were looking for and what my role was going to be and being comfortable, and being able to communicate with the coach. He’s done a great job there in Phoenix. He knows what he can get from me and I know what he wants and I’m ready to work for that.”
Ribeiro had two of his biggest seasons as a pro under Tippett. In 2007-2008 he had 27 goals and 56 assists for a career-high 83 points. He followed that up with 78 points the next year.
While his production hasn’t been quite that high lately, if he can bring his deft touch in setting others up, the Coyotes will be more than happy to have it.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)