Jul 6, 2013, 10:25 AM EST
Coyotes coach Dave Tippett knows Ribeiro well from their three seasons together in Dallas and for Ribeiro, he couldn’t wait to get back together with his old mentor as NHL.com’s Adam Kimelman shares.
“I think that was my No. 1 goal” he said. “To go somewhere knowing the coach and knowing a little bit of what they were looking for and what my role was going to be and being comfortable, and being able to communicate with the coach. He’s done a great job there in Phoenix. He knows what he can get from me and I know what he wants and I’m ready to work for that.”
Ribeiro had two of his biggest seasons as a pro under Tippett. In 2007-2008 he had 27 goals and 56 assists for a career-high 83 points. He followed that up with 78 points the next year.
While his production hasn’t been quite that high lately, if he can bring his deft touch in setting others up, the Coyotes will be more than happy to have it.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)