Jul 6, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
A lot of the big name free agents have found new teams, but Jaromir Jagr is still weighing his options. By the sounds of things, he isn’t in any rush to agree to terms.
“He definitely still wants to play, and there is some interest in him,” Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda said, according to NHL.com. “I think it’s going to take some time, but you never know for sure because there are three teams that are very interested.”
Svoboda didn’t list the three clubs that are vying for the 41-year-old forward’s services, but an earlier report linked Jagr to the Montreal Canadiens.
“Jaromir always wanted play in Montreal,” Svoboda reportedly told TVA Sports. “We discussed with [CEO] Marc Bergevin yesterday. The interest is mutual, but the decision is now up to the Canadiens.”
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 9
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6