Jul 4, 2013, 9:04 AM EST
Shortly after Boston lost to the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli made it clear that the team wouldn’t re-sign 41-year-old forward Jaromir Jagr.
“You know actually we have thought of circling back,” Chiarelli said, regarding the team’s position on Jagr, according to NESN. “We told him we were moving on so he may have moved on, also. It’s something that we may revisit. He’s on a list … of a bunch of guys.
“I’d like to go into this, when I talk about reconstructing the right side, maybe we can get some youth in there too in addition to an older guy. When I say older it’s relatively speaking. It’s just older than a youthful player. It could be old now. 28 is the old 32. It’s all relative.”
Jagr had two goals and nine points in 11 regular season games after the Bruins acquired him from the Dallas Stars. He also registered 10 assists in the playoffs, but wasn’t able to find the back of the net during the Bruins 22-game run. Of the Bruins skaters that participated in all 22 games, the only other one that failed to score even once was Shawn Thornton.
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvrith makes Sabres debut 0
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)