Jul 4, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Shortly after Boston lost to the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli made it clear that the team wouldn’t re-sign 41-year-old forward Jaromir Jagr.
“You know actually we have thought of circling back,” Chiarelli said, regarding the team’s position on Jagr, according to NESN. “We told him we were moving on so he may have moved on, also. It’s something that we may revisit. He’s on a list … of a bunch of guys.
“I’d like to go into this, when I talk about reconstructing the right side, maybe we can get some youth in there too in addition to an older guy. When I say older it’s relatively speaking. It’s just older than a youthful player. It could be old now. 28 is the old 32. It’s all relative.”
Jagr had two goals and nine points in 11 regular season games after the Bruins acquired him from the Dallas Stars. He also registered 10 assists in the playoffs, but wasn’t able to find the back of the net during the Bruins 22-game run. Of the Bruins skaters that participated in all 22 games, the only other one that failed to score even once was Shawn Thornton.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 51
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 52
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 160
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (161)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)