Jul 4, 2013, 9:04 AM EST
Shortly after Boston lost to the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final, Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli made it clear that the team wouldn’t re-sign 41-year-old forward Jaromir Jagr.
“You know actually we have thought of circling back,” Chiarelli said, regarding the team’s position on Jagr, according to NESN. “We told him we were moving on so he may have moved on, also. It’s something that we may revisit. He’s on a list … of a bunch of guys.
“I’d like to go into this, when I talk about reconstructing the right side, maybe we can get some youth in there too in addition to an older guy. When I say older it’s relatively speaking. It’s just older than a youthful player. It could be old now. 28 is the old 32. It’s all relative.”
Jagr had two goals and nine points in 11 regular season games after the Bruins acquired him from the Dallas Stars. He also registered 10 assists in the playoffs, but wasn’t able to find the back of the net during the Bruins 22-game run. Of the Bruins skaters that participated in all 22 games, the only other one that failed to score even once was Shawn Thornton.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 0
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)