Jun 27, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Sheriff Shanahan won’t be hitting the trail west for Calgary.
According to a report on Twitter, Brendan Shanahan, currently the NHL senior vice-president of player safety, is staying with the league, despite the opportunity for a hockey operations job the Calgary Flames.
As per Renaud Lavoie of RDS, turned down an offer to work with the Flames and will stay with the NHL.
Earlier this month, the Flames confirmed they had interest in hiring Shanahan – currently tasked with handing out supplementary discipline – to their hockey operations department.
“I can tell you we are now on a long-term process to add depth to our hockey operations,” Flames president and CEO Ken King said recently.
“We want to get back to where we should be, and this is something we think is consistent with that.
“We have a GM, and (Jay Feaster) is involved in this process. He and his group are firmly entrenched in one of the most important drafts for this organization certainly in the last 20 years, maybe ever. We have the utmost confidence in their abilities.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)