Jun 27, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Sheriff Shanahan won’t be hitting the trail west for Calgary.
According to a report on Twitter, Brendan Shanahan, currently the NHL senior vice-president of player safety, is staying with the league, despite the opportunity for a hockey operations job the Calgary Flames.
As per Renaud Lavoie of RDS, turned down an offer to work with the Flames and will stay with the NHL.
Earlier this month, the Flames confirmed they had interest in hiring Shanahan – currently tasked with handing out supplementary discipline – to their hockey operations department.
“I can tell you we are now on a long-term process to add depth to our hockey operations,” Flames president and CEO Ken King said recently.
“We want to get back to where we should be, and this is something we think is consistent with that.
“We have a GM, and (Jay Feaster) is involved in this process. He and his group are firmly entrenched in one of the most important drafts for this organization certainly in the last 20 years, maybe ever. We have the utmost confidence in their abilities.”
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 33
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)