Jun 27, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
The offseason is upon us and it’s time to figure out where everyone is headed. Of course, free agency doesn’t start until July 5 and trades could happen at any moment. So how about some odds?
Online oddsmakers Bovada.lv have some numbers to help you spend your entertainment dollars on guessing who is playing where next season. Let’s dive in, shall we?
Of course, the first question surrounds Roberto Luongo‘s future. Deja vu, eh?
Will the Vancouver Canucks trade Roberto Luongo prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
And what about Ilya Bryzgalov?
Will Ilya Bryzgalov be a starting goalie for an NHL team in their first game of the 2013-14 season?
Will the Toronto Maple Leafs trade Dion Phaneuf prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
As for the free agents, they see a bit of a surprise destination for the recently bought out Danny Briere.
New Jersey Devils: 3/2
Ottawa Senators: 5/2
Montreal Canadiens: 9/2
Phoenix Coyotes: 5/1
Buffalo Sabres: 5/1
Those odds for him going back to Buffalo make for some great trolling money. As for playoff hero Bryan Bickell, Bovada sees a very curious destination for him.
Detroit Red Wings: 1/1
Florida Panthers: 3/1
Vancouver Canucks: 13/4
Chicago Blackhawks: 7/2
No courtesy odds for the Sabres and Terry Pegula spending more crazy money? I feel like we got slighted. As for Jarome Iginla, the Penguins don’t have the shortest odds of the bunch here.
Los Angeles Kings: 11/4
Pittsburgh Penguins: 3/1
Dallas Stars: 9/2
St. Louis Blues: 5/1
San Jose Sharks: 15/2
Anaheim Ducks: 8/1
Colorado Avalanche: 8/1
As always, these odds are just for fun or setting the bar for taking money from your friends. Curious to see how they think some things play out, however.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)