Jun 27, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
The offseason is upon us and it’s time to figure out where everyone is headed. Of course, free agency doesn’t start until July 5 and trades could happen at any moment. So how about some odds?
Online oddsmakers Bovada.lv have some numbers to help you spend your entertainment dollars on guessing who is playing where next season. Let’s dive in, shall we?
Of course, the first question surrounds Roberto Luongo‘s future. Deja vu, eh?
Will the Vancouver Canucks trade Roberto Luongo prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
And what about Ilya Bryzgalov?
Will Ilya Bryzgalov be a starting goalie for an NHL team in their first game of the 2013-14 season?
Will the Toronto Maple Leafs trade Dion Phaneuf prior to the start of the 2013-14 season?
As for the free agents, they see a bit of a surprise destination for the recently bought out Danny Briere.
New Jersey Devils: 3/2
Ottawa Senators: 5/2
Montreal Canadiens: 9/2
Phoenix Coyotes: 5/1
Buffalo Sabres: 5/1
Those odds for him going back to Buffalo make for some great trolling money. As for playoff hero Bryan Bickell, Bovada sees a very curious destination for him.
Detroit Red Wings: 1/1
Florida Panthers: 3/1
Vancouver Canucks: 13/4
Chicago Blackhawks: 7/2
No courtesy odds for the Sabres and Terry Pegula spending more crazy money? I feel like we got slighted. As for Jarome Iginla, the Penguins don’t have the shortest odds of the bunch here.
Los Angeles Kings: 11/4
Pittsburgh Penguins: 3/1
Dallas Stars: 9/2
St. Louis Blues: 5/1
San Jose Sharks: 15/2
Anaheim Ducks: 8/1
Colorado Avalanche: 8/1
As always, these odds are just for fun or setting the bar for taking money from your friends. Curious to see how they think some things play out, however.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)