Jun 23, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
Right when you thought the Flyers might be this summer’s busiest team, here come the Toronto Maple Leafs.
TSN’s Darren Dreger and Bob McKenzie both say they’ve heard rumblings that Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf is available for trade. Dreger says Leafs GM Dave Nonis will trade anyone but hasn’t received calls on Phaneuf as of yet. That might change now that everyone knows he could be had.
There are plenty of teams who could use a No. 1 defenseman and Phaneuf fits that billing. Curiously enough, Toronto is a team that already needs help in their top-four on the blue line and dealing the team captain would have to net an upgrade there.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 83
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (83)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)