Jun 23, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Right when you thought the Flyers might be this summer’s busiest team, here come the Toronto Maple Leafs.
TSN’s Darren Dreger and Bob McKenzie both say they’ve heard rumblings that Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf is available for trade. Dreger says Leafs GM Dave Nonis will trade anyone but hasn’t received calls on Phaneuf as of yet. That might change now that everyone knows he could be had.
There are plenty of teams who could use a No. 1 defenseman and Phaneuf fits that billing. Curiously enough, Toronto is a team that already needs help in their top-four on the blue line and dealing the team captain would have to net an upgrade there.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (61)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)