Jun 19, 2013, 12:36 PM EST
“Despite recent reports to the contrary, which are inaccurate, we are not concerned about the Devils’ future, or the franchise’s ability to achieve long-term success in Newark,” Daly wrote in an email to The Record.
The Devils, as a franchise, may not be going anywhere, but it’s still not clear what the future holds for pending unrestricted free agents Patrik Elias, David Clarkson, Marek Zidlicky, Dainius Zubrus, and Peter Harrold.
Late last month, general manager Lou Lamoriello said he’d like to get new deals for those five done prior to July 5, at which point they’d be free to explore other offers.
“In my opinion, they have to be done before that,” Lamoriello said.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15