Jun 16, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
After last night’s 2-1 overtime win by the Bruins to even-up the series at a game apiece, Jagr talked about how close the game was and how thrilling the extra period turned out to be. Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com was there while he discussed the health hazards fans face in playoff OT.
“I bet it’s great and exciting for the fans who are watching hockey games,” Jagr said. “If you have a bad heart, you might not watch the game because you might get a heart attack. For young people, it’s pretty exciting to watch. Old people, don’t watch it! You might die just watching.”
So wait, what does an old guy like Jagr do when factoring in the game itself? He’s old according to how hockey lifespans go. That said, Jagr nearly sent many fans shuffling off this mortal coil after hitting a post in overtime last night.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5