Jun 11, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
When you’ve gone 21 years between appearances in the Stanley Cup finals, it can provide you with the ability to have a lot of fun on media day. Such is the case for Boston’s Jaromir Jagr who hammed it up in a big way today.
On the mullet, the hairstyle he rocked when he played for the Penguins the last time he played in the Stanley Cup in 1992, he said it’s coming back in style.
“It’s gonna come back,” Jagr said. “In 10 years.”
As for why he had one himself?
“It was the style. I wasn’t the only one who had it! There was a lot of guys,” he said. Sure, but no one wore it the way he did.
Speaking of style, his playoff beard is lacking the gray it had during the last round. So why get rid of it?
“You’ve got to look tough.”
Check out the full video of his session with the press, it’s pretty special.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 44
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)