Jun 11, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
When you’ve gone 21 years between appearances in the Stanley Cup finals, it can provide you with the ability to have a lot of fun on media day. Such is the case for Boston’s Jaromir Jagr who hammed it up in a big way today.
On the mullet, the hairstyle he rocked when he played for the Penguins the last time he played in the Stanley Cup in 1992, he said it’s coming back in style.
“It’s gonna come back,” Jagr said. “In 10 years.”
As for why he had one himself?
“It was the style. I wasn’t the only one who had it! There was a lot of guys,” he said. Sure, but no one wore it the way he did.
Speaking of style, his playoff beard is lacking the gray it had during the last round. So why get rid of it?
“You’ve got to look tough.”
Check out the full video of his session with the press, it’s pretty special.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)