Jun 11, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
When you’ve gone 21 years between appearances in the Stanley Cup finals, it can provide you with the ability to have a lot of fun on media day. Such is the case for Boston’s Jaromir Jagr who hammed it up in a big way today.
On the mullet, the hairstyle he rocked when he played for the Penguins the last time he played in the Stanley Cup in 1992, he said it’s coming back in style.
“It’s gonna come back,” Jagr said. “In 10 years.”
As for why he had one himself?
“It was the style. I wasn’t the only one who had it! There was a lot of guys,” he said. Sure, but no one wore it the way he did.
Speaking of style, his playoff beard is lacking the gray it had during the last round. So why get rid of it?
“You’ve got to look tough.”
Check out the full video of his session with the press, it’s pretty special.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)