Jun 11, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
When you’ve gone 21 years between appearances in the Stanley Cup finals, it can provide you with the ability to have a lot of fun on media day. Such is the case for Boston’s Jaromir Jagr who hammed it up in a big way today.
On the mullet, the hairstyle he rocked when he played for the Penguins the last time he played in the Stanley Cup in 1992, he said it’s coming back in style.
“It’s gonna come back,” Jagr said. “In 10 years.”
As for why he had one himself?
“It was the style. I wasn’t the only one who had it! There was a lot of guys,” he said. Sure, but no one wore it the way he did.
Speaking of style, his playoff beard is lacking the gray it had during the last round. So why get rid of it?
“You’ve got to look tough.”
Check out the full video of his session with the press, it’s pretty special.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)