Jun 11, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
When you’ve gone 21 years between appearances in the Stanley Cup finals, it can provide you with the ability to have a lot of fun on media day. Such is the case for Boston’s Jaromir Jagr who hammed it up in a big way today.
On the mullet, the hairstyle he rocked when he played for the Penguins the last time he played in the Stanley Cup in 1992, he said it’s coming back in style.
“It’s gonna come back,” Jagr said. “In 10 years.”
As for why he had one himself?
“It was the style. I wasn’t the only one who had it! There was a lot of guys,” he said. Sure, but no one wore it the way he did.
Speaking of style, his playoff beard is lacking the gray it had during the last round. So why get rid of it?
“You’ve got to look tough.”
Check out the full video of his session with the press, it’s pretty special.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)