Jun 14, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Miller was a pending unrestricted free agent who had four goals and four assists in 44 games this season while averaging close to 14 minutes per contest, including considerable time on the penalty kill.
The 29-year-old broke his hand late in the season, but returned for Game 2 of the Chicago series and proceeded to score two points in six games — including the game-winning goal in Game 3.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock will be glad to hear Miller re-signed.
“I’m a huge fan of Millsie,” Babcock told MLive.com. “Millsie’s an important part of this team. When he was out, we missed him.”
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45