Jun 14, 2013, 12:13 PM EST
Miller was a pending unrestricted free agent who had four goals and four assists in 44 games this season while averaging close to 14 minutes per contest, including considerable time on the penalty kill.
The 29-year-old broke his hand late in the season, but returned for Game 2 of the Chicago series and proceeded to score two points in six games — including the game-winning goal in Game 3.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock will be glad to hear Miller re-signed.
“I’m a huge fan of Millsie,” Babcock told MLive.com. “Millsie’s an important part of this team. When he was out, we missed him.”
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)