Apr 21, 2013, 10:22 AM EST
Detroit’s shootout loss to Vancouver came with some added bad news.
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports forward Drew Miller broke his hand in the first period of the game and will be out indefinitely. Miller’s been a helpful player for the Red Wings’ third and fourth lines this season as well as on the penalty kill. He has four goals and four assists in 43 games this year.
Taking his spot in the lineup will be Patrick Eaves who has been in and out of the lineup often trading spots with Jordin Tootoo. In 30 games this season, Eaves has a goal and five assists. Detroit has four games remaining this season to try and score a spot in the postseason and they’re currently one point back of Columbus for eighth in the West.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)