Apr 21, 2013, 10:22 AM EST
Detroit’s shootout loss to Vancouver came with some added bad news.
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports forward Drew Miller broke his hand in the first period of the game and will be out indefinitely. Miller’s been a helpful player for the Red Wings’ third and fourth lines this season as well as on the penalty kill. He has four goals and four assists in 43 games this year.
Taking his spot in the lineup will be Patrick Eaves who has been in and out of the lineup often trading spots with Jordin Tootoo. In 30 games this season, Eaves has a goal and five assists. Detroit has four games remaining this season to try and score a spot in the postseason and they’re currently one point back of Columbus for eighth in the West.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28