Apr 21, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
Detroit’s shootout loss to Vancouver came with some added bad news.
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports forward Drew Miller broke his hand in the first period of the game and will be out indefinitely. Miller’s been a helpful player for the Red Wings’ third and fourth lines this season as well as on the penalty kill. He has four goals and four assists in 43 games this year.
Taking his spot in the lineup will be Patrick Eaves who has been in and out of the lineup often trading spots with Jordin Tootoo. In 30 games this season, Eaves has a goal and five assists. Detroit has four games remaining this season to try and score a spot in the postseason and they’re currently one point back of Columbus for eighth in the West.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)