Apr 21, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
Detroit’s shootout loss to Vancouver came with some added bad news.
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports forward Drew Miller broke his hand in the first period of the game and will be out indefinitely. Miller’s been a helpful player for the Red Wings’ third and fourth lines this season as well as on the penalty kill. He has four goals and four assists in 43 games this year.
Taking his spot in the lineup will be Patrick Eaves who has been in and out of the lineup often trading spots with Jordin Tootoo. In 30 games this season, Eaves has a goal and five assists. Detroit has four games remaining this season to try and score a spot in the postseason and they’re currently one point back of Columbus for eighth in the West.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)