Apr 21, 2013, 10:22 AM EDT
Detroit’s shootout loss to Vancouver came with some added bad news.
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports forward Drew Miller broke his hand in the first period of the game and will be out indefinitely. Miller’s been a helpful player for the Red Wings’ third and fourth lines this season as well as on the penalty kill. He has four goals and four assists in 43 games this year.
Taking his spot in the lineup will be Patrick Eaves who has been in and out of the lineup often trading spots with Jordin Tootoo. In 30 games this season, Eaves has a goal and five assists. Detroit has four games remaining this season to try and score a spot in the postseason and they’re currently one point back of Columbus for eighth in the West.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)