Jun 5, 2013, 12:06 AM EDT
For Jonathan Quick, his effort Tuesday was more about quality than quantity.
The L.A. Kings’ goalie only faced 20 shots in Game 3 against the Chicago Blackhawks, but he made some outstanding saves and none better than the larceny he pulled on Bryan Bickell late in the third period of a one-goal game.
Bickell picked up a loose puck off a rebound in front of the Kings’ net, but his shot was turned aside, as Quick threw out the blocker in desperation. The save preserved what turned out to be a 3-1 victory for L.A. The Kings now trail the Blackhawks 2-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference final.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)