Jun 5, 2013, 12:06 AM EST
For Jonathan Quick, his effort Tuesday was more about quality than quantity.
The L.A. Kings’ goalie only faced 20 shots in Game 3 against the Chicago Blackhawks, but he made some outstanding saves and none better than the larceny he pulled on Bryan Bickell late in the third period of a one-goal game.
Bickell picked up a loose puck off a rebound in front of the Kings’ net, but his shot was turned aside, as Quick threw out the blocker in desperation. The save preserved what turned out to be a 3-1 victory for L.A. The Kings now trail the Blackhawks 2-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference final.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)