Jun 5, 2013, 12:06 AM EDT
For Jonathan Quick, his effort Tuesday was more about quality than quantity.
The L.A. Kings’ goalie only faced 20 shots in Game 3 against the Chicago Blackhawks, but he made some outstanding saves and none better than the larceny he pulled on Bryan Bickell late in the third period of a one-goal game.
Bickell picked up a loose puck off a rebound in front of the Kings’ net, but his shot was turned aside, as Quick threw out the blocker in desperation. The save preserved what turned out to be a 3-1 victory for L.A. The Kings now trail the Blackhawks 2-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference final.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36