Jun 5, 2013, 12:06 AM EDT
For Jonathan Quick, his effort Tuesday was more about quality than quantity.
The L.A. Kings’ goalie only faced 20 shots in Game 3 against the Chicago Blackhawks, but he made some outstanding saves and none better than the larceny he pulled on Bryan Bickell late in the third period of a one-goal game.
Bickell picked up a loose puck off a rebound in front of the Kings’ net, but his shot was turned aside, as Quick threw out the blocker in desperation. The save preserved what turned out to be a 3-1 victory for L.A. The Kings now trail the Blackhawks 2-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference final.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 3
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 20
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 81
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 79
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 17
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 16
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (81)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (79)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)