Jun 5, 2013, 12:06 AM EDT
For Jonathan Quick, his effort Tuesday was more about quality than quantity.
The L.A. Kings’ goalie only faced 20 shots in Game 3 against the Chicago Blackhawks, but he made some outstanding saves and none better than the larceny he pulled on Bryan Bickell late in the third period of a one-goal game.
Bickell picked up a loose puck off a rebound in front of the Kings’ net, but his shot was turned aside, as Quick threw out the blocker in desperation. The save preserved what turned out to be a 3-1 victory for L.A. The Kings now trail the Blackhawks 2-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference final.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34