Jun 4, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings are back in the Western Conference final.
The Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions, now trail the Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 in the best-of-seven series, thanks to a 3-1 victory Tuesday night.
- Should Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith receive supplemental discipline for a slash to the face of L.A. Kings forward Jeff Carter? The incident occurred in the second period, when Keith whacked Carter in the face with a one-handed slash. Keith received a double-minor, but should that be it?
- The Kings couldn’t get anything going on the ensuing power play, which could’ve changed the momentum in this game.
- Slava Voynov scored the winning goal, breaking his stick as he leaned into the shot. Corey Crawford couldn’t handle the change in speeds, as the puck slid past him along the ice on the glove side. They all count, right?
- Justin Williams gave the Kings an early first period lead. Williams now has four goals in his last four playoff games.
- Did you have Bryan Bickell in your playoff pool. If you did, you’re either a genius or just plain lucky. Bickell scored his seventh goal of these playoffs, on a wrap-around late in the second period, cutting the Kings’ two-goal lead in half.
- By the way, David Krejci and Patrick Sharp lead the league with eight goals in these playoffs.
- Jonathan Quick bounced back from a tough outing in Game 2 – he was pulled and the Kings lost – with a solid performance Tuesday. He stopped 19 of 20 shots. He robbed Bickell of what looked to be a sure goal late in the third period to ensure the win.
- To quote a line from The Big Lebowski: “Mark it eight, dude.” The Kings have now won eighth straight games on home ice this post-season.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 4
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 10
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 27
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)