Jun 4, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings are back in the Western Conference final.
The Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions, now trail the Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 in the best-of-seven series, thanks to a 3-1 victory Tuesday night.
- Should Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith receive supplemental discipline for a slash to the face of L.A. Kings forward Jeff Carter? The incident occurred in the second period, when Keith whacked Carter in the face with a one-handed slash. Keith received a double-minor, but should that be it?
- The Kings couldn’t get anything going on the ensuing power play, which could’ve changed the momentum in this game.
- Slava Voynov scored the winning goal, breaking his stick as he leaned into the shot. Corey Crawford couldn’t handle the change in speeds, as the puck slid past him along the ice on the glove side. They all count, right?
- Justin Williams gave the Kings an early first period lead. Williams now has four goals in his last four playoff games.
- Did you have Bryan Bickell in your playoff pool. If you did, you’re either a genius or just plain lucky. Bickell scored his seventh goal of these playoffs, on a wrap-around late in the second period, cutting the Kings’ two-goal lead in half.
- By the way, David Krejci and Patrick Sharp lead the league with eight goals in these playoffs.
- Jonathan Quick bounced back from a tough outing in Game 2 – he was pulled and the Kings lost – with a solid performance Tuesday. He stopped 19 of 20 shots. He robbed Bickell of what looked to be a sure goal late in the third period to ensure the win.
- To quote a line from The Big Lebowski: “Mark it eight, dude.” The Kings have now won eighth straight games on home ice this post-season.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)