Jun 4, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings are back in the Western Conference final.
The Kings, defending Stanley Cup champions, now trail the Chicago Blackhawks 2-1 in the best-of-seven series, thanks to a 3-1 victory Tuesday night.
- Should Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith receive supplemental discipline for a slash to the face of L.A. Kings forward Jeff Carter? The incident occurred in the second period, when Keith whacked Carter in the face with a one-handed slash. Keith received a double-minor, but should that be it?
- The Kings couldn’t get anything going on the ensuing power play, which could’ve changed the momentum in this game.
- Slava Voynov scored the winning goal, breaking his stick as he leaned into the shot. Corey Crawford couldn’t handle the change in speeds, as the puck slid past him along the ice on the glove side. They all count, right?
- Justin Williams gave the Kings an early first period lead. Williams now has four goals in his last four playoff games.
- Did you have Bryan Bickell in your playoff pool. If you did, you’re either a genius or just plain lucky. Bickell scored his seventh goal of these playoffs, on a wrap-around late in the second period, cutting the Kings’ two-goal lead in half.
- By the way, David Krejci and Patrick Sharp lead the league with eight goals in these playoffs.
- Jonathan Quick bounced back from a tough outing in Game 2 – he was pulled and the Kings lost – with a solid performance Tuesday. He stopped 19 of 20 shots. He robbed Bickell of what looked to be a sure goal late in the third period to ensure the win.
- To quote a line from The Big Lebowski: “Mark it eight, dude.” The Kings have now won eighth straight games on home ice this post-season.
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 5
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)