Jun 1, 2013, 2:58 PM EST
Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference is champing at the bit to get back into the team’s lineup. While he resumed skating with the team this week, he hasn’t officially been cleared to play. That isn’t slowing down his desire to play, however.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com hears from Ference about his desire to get in and help the team take on the Penguins.
“Everybody wants to be in the mix, and you can contribute in many different ways. You can be positive and supportive, and there’s more than what happens on the ice,” said Ference. “We’re a room that gets it, and that’s why we’ve had continued success. When you look at the playoffs, it’s more than what you do on the ice.”
When asked if he could play in Game 1, Ference told reporters, as ESPNBoston.com’s Joe McDonald shares, “I have no idea. That’s not my call.” Will Julien go with him? He wasn’t divulging that information.
“That’s the thing I’ll have to deal with when the time comes,” Julien said at today’s press conference. If Ference doesn’t go tonight, chances are good we’ll see him at some point before this series is over with.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2