Jun 1, 2013, 2:58 PM EST
Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference is champing at the bit to get back into the team’s lineup. While he resumed skating with the team this week, he hasn’t officially been cleared to play. That isn’t slowing down his desire to play, however.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com hears from Ference about his desire to get in and help the team take on the Penguins.
“Everybody wants to be in the mix, and you can contribute in many different ways. You can be positive and supportive, and there’s more than what happens on the ice,” said Ference. “We’re a room that gets it, and that’s why we’ve had continued success. When you look at the playoffs, it’s more than what you do on the ice.”
When asked if he could play in Game 1, Ference told reporters, as ESPNBoston.com’s Joe McDonald shares, “I have no idea. That’s not my call.” Will Julien go with him? He wasn’t divulging that information.
“That’s the thing I’ll have to deal with when the time comes,” Julien said at today’s press conference. If Ference doesn’t go tonight, chances are good we’ll see him at some point before this series is over with.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)