Jun 1, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference is champing at the bit to get back into the team’s lineup. While he resumed skating with the team this week, he hasn’t officially been cleared to play. That isn’t slowing down his desire to play, however.
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com hears from Ference about his desire to get in and help the team take on the Penguins.
“Everybody wants to be in the mix, and you can contribute in many different ways. You can be positive and supportive, and there’s more than what happens on the ice,” said Ference. “We’re a room that gets it, and that’s why we’ve had continued success. When you look at the playoffs, it’s more than what you do on the ice.”
When asked if he could play in Game 1, Ference told reporters, as ESPNBoston.com’s Joe McDonald shares, “I have no idea. That’s not my call.” Will Julien go with him? He wasn’t divulging that information.
“That’s the thing I’ll have to deal with when the time comes,” Julien said at today’s press conference. If Ference doesn’t go tonight, chances are good we’ll see him at some point before this series is over with.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35