May 27, 2013, 11:51 PM EST
Both Western Conference semifinals will be decided in a seventh game.
The Detroit Red Wings had a 3-1 series lead over the Chicago Blackhawks, but have lost the last two games and are now facing a winner-take-all Game 7 against the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners.
The Red Wings held a 2-1 lead when the third period of Monday’s game began. It finished 4-3 for the Blackhawks, who scored three goals in 8:52 and took control of the game when it looked like they were on the edge of elimination.
“It’s not like they came in and squashed us. They got what we gave them today,” said Red Wings’ head coach Mike Babcock, as per a tweet from Chicago Sun-Times reporter Mark Lazerus.
“I love Game 7s. We’ve got a chance to push them out of the playoffs. Should be a lot of fun.”
Of course, the Red Wings had two chances to push the Blackhawks out of the playoffs. Is the third time the charm, or will Chicago complete the comeback?
The winner of this series faces either the L.A. Kings or San Jose Sharks in the other Western Conference semifinal, which is also going to a seventh game.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)