May 27, 2013, 3:28 PM EDT
Despite describing his club’s effort in a Game 5 loss as “poor,” Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock won’t be making any lineup changes for tonight’s Game 6 against the Blackhawks.
“You mean put different people in?” Babcock said, when asked if there would be any changes. “No chance.”
The question was likely posed in response to Detroit’s line-shuffling throughout the opening round against Anaheim, as Jordin Tootoo, Mikael Samuelsson, Brian Lashoff and Todd Bertuzzi were all in and out of the lineup. Heck, Carlo Colaiacovo didn’t make his postseason debut until Game 6.
This round, the roster has been much more consistent.
Bertuzzi was replaced by Drew Miller after a Game 1 loss, and that’s pretty much been it for changes.
That said, some did figure Babcock would tinker with his lineup after reviewing the tape of Saturday’s 4-1 loss.
“I watched it here this morning and on the plane, we weren’t very good,” Babcock told MLive.com. “They were much more competitive than us, much quicker than us, way more desperate.
“We were poor.”
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)