May 10, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Facing playoff elimination, the Detroit Red Wings will make a change on defense tonight.
“I don’t know what the word is to use, I think excited is a small word,” Colaiacovo said. “It’s real gratifying obviously.
“This is the biggest reason why I wanted to come here, to play at this time of the season for this team.”
Colaiacovo, 30, only appeared in six regular-season games with the Wings this season, missing a large chunk of the year to a shoulder injury. He notched one assist and went minus-4, averaging close to 19 minutes per game.
Lashoff has appeared in three of five playoff games thus far, going scoreless while averaging 18 TOI per.
Patrick Eaves will be a healthy scratch.
Babcock: "We didn't move the puck." On his decision to put in Colaiacovo for Lashoff.—
lisa dillman (@reallisa) May 10, 2013
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15