May 10, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
Facing playoff elimination, the Detroit Red Wings will make a change on defense tonight.
“I don’t know what the word is to use, I think excited is a small word,” Colaiacovo said. “It’s real gratifying obviously.
“This is the biggest reason why I wanted to come here, to play at this time of the season for this team.”
Colaiacovo, 30, only appeared in six regular-season games with the Wings this season, missing a large chunk of the year to a shoulder injury. He notched one assist and went minus-4, averaging close to 19 minutes per game.
Lashoff has appeared in three of five playoff games thus far, going scoreless while averaging 18 TOI per.
Patrick Eaves will be a healthy scratch.
Babcock: "We didn't move the puck." On his decision to put in Colaiacovo for Lashoff.—
lisa dillman (@reallisa) May 10, 2013
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 26
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)