May 10, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Facing playoff elimination, the Detroit Red Wings will make a change on defense tonight.
“I don’t know what the word is to use, I think excited is a small word,” Colaiacovo said. “It’s real gratifying obviously.
“This is the biggest reason why I wanted to come here, to play at this time of the season for this team.”
Colaiacovo, 30, only appeared in six regular-season games with the Wings this season, missing a large chunk of the year to a shoulder injury. He notched one assist and went minus-4, averaging close to 19 minutes per game.
Lashoff has appeared in three of five playoff games thus far, going scoreless while averaging 18 TOI per.
Patrick Eaves will be a healthy scratch.
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 0
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 25
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)