May 10, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Facing playoff elimination, the Detroit Red Wings will make a change on defense tonight.
“I don’t know what the word is to use, I think excited is a small word,” Colaiacovo said. “It’s real gratifying obviously.
“This is the biggest reason why I wanted to come here, to play at this time of the season for this team.”
Colaiacovo, 30, only appeared in six regular-season games with the Wings this season, missing a large chunk of the year to a shoulder injury. He notched one assist and went minus-4, averaging close to 19 minutes per game.
Lashoff has appeared in three of five playoff games thus far, going scoreless while averaging 18 TOI per.
Patrick Eaves will be a healthy scratch.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)