May 23, 2013, 11:23 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks re-wrote some NHL records with a points streak during the regular season. Now they need to defy the odds by winning three straight games against the Detroit Red Wings in their second-round series.
“Definitely,” Crawford said. “We’ve had streaks before.”
The 28-year-old netminder knows from experience.
He rode that hot streak with Ray Emery during the season and was often brilliant when the Blackhawks nearly stormed back from a 3-0 series deficit against the Vancouver Canucks in a first-round series from the 2011 playoffs.
On the other hand, some will note that the Blackhawks haven’t advanced to the conference finals since they won the Stanley Cup in 2010 and that the franchise hasn’t beaten the Red Wings in a playoff series since 1992, so history isn’t totally on their side.
Still, it might be uplifting to hear the No. 1 goalie’s optimism with their captain seething in a big way.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 121
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (121)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)