May 23, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks re-wrote some NHL records with a points streak during the regular season. Now they need to defy the odds by winning three straight games against the Detroit Red Wings in their second-round series.
“Definitely,” Crawford said. “We’ve had streaks before.”
The 28-year-old netminder knows from experience.
He rode that hot streak with Ray Emery during the season and was often brilliant when the Blackhawks nearly stormed back from a 3-0 series deficit against the Vancouver Canucks in a first-round series from the 2011 playoffs.
On the other hand, some will note that the Blackhawks haven’t advanced to the conference finals since they won the Stanley Cup in 2010 and that the franchise hasn’t beaten the Red Wings in a playoff series since 1992, so history isn’t totally on their side.
Still, it might be uplifting to hear the No. 1 goalie’s optimism with their captain seething in a big way.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25