May 17, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
If you’re curious about the specifics of the injury — or whether the Caps should have allowed an injured Ovechkin to represent Russia in the World Championships — here’s Dr. Benjamin Shaffer, the team’s physician, providing an update for CSN Washington:
So it sounds like there was no significant risk in letting him play.
According to Shaffer, Ovechkin will be “immobilized” and wearing a fracture boot for a period of four weeks.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17