May 17, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
If you’re curious about the specifics of the injury — or whether the Caps should have allowed an injured Ovechkin to represent Russia in the World Championships — here’s Dr. Benjamin Shaffer, the team’s physician, providing an update for CSN Washington:
So it sounds like there was no significant risk in letting him play.
According to Shaffer, Ovechkin will be “immobilized” and wearing a fracture boot for a period of four weeks.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5