May 12, 2013, 9:54 PM EST
Just moments after it became clear that the Pittsburgh Penguins would face the Ottawa Senators in a 2013 second-round series, the jokes about Senators owner Eugene Melnyk began.
Apparently Melnyk read some of those jokes via Twitter … and he didn’t like them.
Here’s a screen grab of his Tweet from Sunday, in case he decides to take it down later:
Both Erik Karlsson and Paul MacLean have tried to reduce the amount of drama going into this series – yup, it hasn’t even started yet – but it looks like there will be some exciting action off the ice, too.
(H/T to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.)
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)