May 12, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Just moments after it became clear that the Pittsburgh Penguins would face the Ottawa Senators in a 2013 second-round series, the jokes about Senators owner Eugene Melnyk began.
Apparently Melnyk read some of those jokes via Twitter … and he didn’t like them.
Here’s a screen grab of his Tweet from Sunday, in case he decides to take it down later:
Both Erik Karlsson and Paul MacLean have tried to reduce the amount of drama going into this series – yup, it hasn’t even started yet – but it looks like there will be some exciting action off the ice, too.
(H/T to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.)
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)