May 12, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Just moments after it became clear that the Pittsburgh Penguins would face the Ottawa Senators in a 2013 second-round series, the jokes about Senators owner Eugene Melnyk began.
Apparently Melnyk read some of those jokes via Twitter … and he didn’t like them.
Here’s a screen grab of his Tweet from Sunday, in case he decides to take it down later:
Both Erik Karlsson and Paul MacLean have tried to reduce the amount of drama going into this series – yup, it hasn’t even started yet – but it looks like there will be some exciting action off the ice, too.
(H/T to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.)
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45