May 12, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Just moments after it became clear that the Pittsburgh Penguins would face the Ottawa Senators in a 2013 second-round series, the jokes about Senators owner Eugene Melnyk began.
Apparently Melnyk read some of those jokes via Twitter … and he didn’t like them.
Here’s a screen grab of his Tweet from Sunday, in case he decides to take it down later:
Both Erik Karlsson and Paul MacLean have tried to reduce the amount of drama going into this series – yup, it hasn’t even started yet – but it looks like there will be some exciting action off the ice, too.
(H/T to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.)
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17