May 12, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
Just moments after it became clear that the Pittsburgh Penguins would face the Ottawa Senators in a 2013 second-round series, the jokes about Senators owner Eugene Melnyk began.
Apparently Melnyk read some of those jokes via Twitter … and he didn’t like them.
Here’s a screen grab of his Tweet from Sunday, in case he decides to take it down later:
Both Erik Karlsson and Paul MacLean have tried to reduce the amount of drama going into this series – yup, it hasn’t even started yet – but it looks like there will be some exciting action off the ice, too.
(H/T to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.)
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18