May 9, 2013, 7:53 PM EDT
The team announced that the 35-year-old defenseman decided not to travel to Detroit for Game 6 and that there’s no timetable for Lydman’s return to action.
While Lydman’s condition has reportedly improved lately, he’s still been experiencing migraines resulting from that check, which earned Abdelkader a two-game suspension.
Lydman played in 35 games during the regular season, collecting six assists while averaging about 19:23 minutes per contest. He was in the middle of his third postseason game of 2013 when that hit was delivered.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)