May 9, 2013, 7:53 PM EDT
The team announced that the 35-year-old defenseman decided not to travel to Detroit for Game 6 and that there’s no timetable for Lydman’s return to action.
While Lydman’s condition has reportedly improved lately, he’s still been experiencing migraines resulting from that check, which earned Abdelkader a two-game suspension.
Lydman played in 35 games during the regular season, collecting six assists while averaging about 19:23 minutes per contest. He was in the middle of his third postseason game of 2013 when that hit was delivered.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 12
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 25
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 19
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 55
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6