May 9, 2013, 7:53 PM EDT
The team announced that the 35-year-old defenseman decided not to travel to Detroit for Game 6 and that there’s no timetable for Lydman’s return to action.
While Lydman’s condition has reportedly improved lately, he’s still been experiencing migraines resulting from that check, which earned Abdelkader a two-game suspension.
Lydman played in 35 games during the regular season, collecting six assists while averaging about 19:23 minutes per contest. He was in the middle of his third postseason game of 2013 when that hit was delivered.
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 0
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 5
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 15
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 23
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 41
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 90
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)