May 9, 2013, 7:53 PM EDT
The team announced that the 35-year-old defenseman decided not to travel to Detroit for Game 6 and that there’s no timetable for Lydman’s return to action.
While Lydman’s condition has reportedly improved lately, he’s still been experiencing migraines resulting from that check, which earned Abdelkader a two-game suspension.
Lydman played in 35 games during the regular season, collecting six assists while averaging about 19:23 minutes per contest. He was in the middle of his third postseason game of 2013 when that hit was delivered.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32