May 8, 2013, 9:15 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Toni Lydman isn’t expected to play tonight against the Detroit Red Wings and it doesn’t sound like he’s close to returning.
“He’s still got headaches, but he’s feeling better,” Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said, according to the team on Twitter. “As to when he’s going to play, I couldn’t give you an answer.”
Lydman has been out since Detroit’s Justin Abdelkader nailed him during Saturday’s contest. Abdelkader received a two-game suspension, which will run through Game 5 tonight.
“I want to reiterate that on Saturday there was no intent to injure,” Abdelkader said after the incident. “I don’t mean to injure anyone, put anyone at harm.
“I have respect for every one of the players in this hockey league. It’s a privilege that we get to play in the NHL.”
Lydman had six assists in 36 games with the Ducks in the regular season. He was plus-one in the first-round prior to the injury.
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 1
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 27
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)