May 8, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Toni Lydman isn’t expected to play tonight against the Detroit Red Wings and it doesn’t sound like he’s close to returning.
“He’s still got headaches, but he’s feeling better,” Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said, according to the team on Twitter. “As to when he’s going to play, I couldn’t give you an answer.”
Lydman has been out since Detroit’s Justin Abdelkader nailed him during Saturday’s contest. Abdelkader received a two-game suspension, which will run through Game 5 tonight.
“I want to reiterate that on Saturday there was no intent to injure,” Abdelkader said after the incident. “I don’t mean to injure anyone, put anyone at harm.
“I have respect for every one of the players in this hockey league. It’s a privilege that we get to play in the NHL.”
Lydman had six assists in 36 games with the Ducks in the regular season. He was plus-one in the first-round prior to the injury.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 8
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)