May 8, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Eller took to the Habs’ practice facility in Brossard, Quebec around 11 a.m. ET, according to Marc Antoine Godin of La Presse.
There was no word on how long the 24-year-old skated for, or how his recovery is going.
While it seems unlikely he’ll return anytime soon — Eller was stretchered off the ice in Game 1 after losing consciousness — going for a skate had to be a positive sign for both he and the organization.
The Dane’s absence is being felt by the Canadiens right now. He posted a career-high 30 points in 46 games this season and was averaging close to 15 minutes a night with the Habs.
Eller was also third on the team in assists (22) this year and had a plus-8 rating.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 34
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)