May 8, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Eller took to the Habs’ practice facility in Brossard, Quebec around 11 a.m. ET, according to Marc Antoine Godin of La Presse.
There was no word on how long the 24-year-old skated for, or how his recovery is going.
While it seems unlikely he’ll return anytime soon — Eller was stretchered off the ice in Game 1 after losing consciousness — going for a skate had to be a positive sign for both he and the organization.
The Dane’s absence is being felt by the Canadiens right now. He posted a career-high 30 points in 46 games this season and was averaging close to 15 minutes a night with the Habs.
Eller was also third on the team in assists (22) this year and had a plus-8 rating.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38