May 8, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
Eller took to the Habs’ practice facility in Brossard, Quebec around 11 a.m. ET, according to Marc Antoine Godin of La Presse.
There was no word on how long the 24-year-old skated for, or how his recovery is going.
While it seems unlikely he’ll return anytime soon — Eller was stretchered off the ice in Game 1 after losing consciousness — going for a skate had to be a positive sign for both he and the organization.
The Dane’s absence is being felt by the Canadiens right now. He posted a career-high 30 points in 46 games this season and was averaging close to 15 minutes a night with the Habs.
Eller was also third on the team in assists (22) this year and had a plus-8 rating.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 105
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (105)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)