May 5, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Pittsburgh was perfect against the New York Islanders at Nassau Coliseum during the regular season, but Penguins coach Dan Bylsma warned that beating the Islanders at home will be an entirely different story in the playoffs. “It’s going to be loud and it’s going to be a pretty crazy building,” Bylsma predicted. (Newsday)
Speaking of the Vancouver-San Jose series, Sharks coach Todd McLellan wants to make sure his team doesn’t lose their sense of urgency. He knows Vancouver is more than capable of battling back. (San Jose Mercury News)
Highlights from the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 4-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Saturday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18