May 5, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Pittsburgh was perfect against the New York Islanders at Nassau Coliseum during the regular season, but Penguins coach Dan Bylsma warned that beating the Islanders at home will be an entirely different story in the playoffs. “It’s going to be loud and it’s going to be a pretty crazy building,” Bylsma predicted. (Newsday)
Speaking of the Vancouver-San Jose series, Sharks coach Todd McLellan wants to make sure his team doesn’t lose their sense of urgency. He knows Vancouver is more than capable of battling back. (San Jose Mercury News)
Highlights from the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 4-2 victory over the Boston Bruins on Saturday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50